Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Gibberish

Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print a web page I get a lot of what I will call gibberish for lack of a better term.What is causing this?

An example would be where there should be numbers, it looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using? Which website are you trying to print?

Go to Printing Preferences... (Go to Printers and Faxes->Right click on Adobe PDF Printer->Printing Preferences...) and uncheck the check box 'Rely on System Fonts only; do not use document fonts". click OK. This will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In answer to your questions, I am using I.E. 9 RC, but was using the pre RC version at the time.

The site was my bank site.

I deactivated and re installed and all is well at this point.

I did however take your advice as to unchecking the font box.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and the solution did not change.  I am using Windows XP, Adobe Standard 9.4.  I reinstalled my printer driver thinking that was the problem.  It is only with web printing and the converter will not convert.  I also tried the Tools editing solution and that did not work.

Could this be part of the Update issue?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up de activating my Adobe uninstalling and then reinstalling it. Took care

of it. Plus this way I was able to make sure I had the lastest updates.

Update 03/04/2011 I went specifically to the bank site that I was having aproblem with and it works perfectly, so IT IS NOT An IE 9 RC PROBLEM!

Sheesh lets always blame someone else!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PulkitJ,

This solved my problem, thank you.

Thanks Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue and this worked! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a known problem with IE9 and the workaround I have mentioned will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem that's described here but I'm running Firefox 4.0b12.

I had absolutely no problem with Firefox beta versions printing to a pdf file in the past, but I recently downloaded the trial version of Adobe Acrobat Professional X and the printing is a disaster.

Initially, it would say there was a printer error (and documents would collect in the printer dialogue box) but the file would be generated anyway.  In these pdf files, the text display was fine from non-web programs but gibberish from Firefox.  I found a posting in the forum that suggested uninstallating the Printer, then Repairing the whole installation.  This seemed to take care of the error with printing but the gibberish persists.  I have just tried the suggestion posted here, but it doesn't help matters.

I was planning to go ahead and upgrade to Acrobat X (even though it has a number of features that are unappealling compared to the prior version), but this printing problem is a deal breaker.  There is no way that I will pay money for an "upgrade" that won't let me print a webpage to a coherent pdf file.

I would like to know if there are any other steps that I can take and also when Adobe might have this problem fixed.  (I was also rather shocked to discover that there is apparently no way to send a support email directly to Adobe on these sorts of issues and that the only option for assistance seems to be paying money out of pocket for a support phone call.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a problem with Firefox beta and not Acrobat:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/787654

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines