• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNABLE TO WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Youtube account said that I needed to upgrade my Adobe Flash Player in order to watch videos. I clicked the link and it brought me to the Adobe website where I attempted to download, but it did not install because it said I was attempting to download the wrong version and I needed to download the latest version. I was using the newest version 10.1, but it would not allow me to download. Can anyone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 05, 2011 Feb 05, 2011

Hi, thank you. There have been many users recently that this virus and the removal has caused problems with Flash Player. Following is what has helped. Uninstalling your current version, Installing vs 9, Uninstalling vs 9 and then Installing the latest version.

Go to this site and Download and SAVE the Uninstaller to your Desktop:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Go to this site and Download and SAVE the Installer to your Desktop:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
You will page do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You need to furnish your Operating System and what browsers and versions you have Installed.

Go to this test site with all browsers and let me know if you can see the animation and what version of Flash Player is displayed.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ 

Also what Anti-Virus/Spyware do you use?

Have you had any virus? If so what Anti-Virus program was used to remove it?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 8. The animation does not show, it shows a broken image box. My anti-virus/spyware is Microsoft Security Essentials. I previously had a virus and it was removed by COMBOFIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you. There have been many users recently that this virus and the removal has caused problems with Flash Player. Following is what has helped. Uninstalling your current version, Installing vs 9, Uninstalling vs 9 and then Installing the latest version.

Go to this site and Download and SAVE the Uninstaller to your Desktop:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
You will page down to Solutions and under Windows Flash Player 9 and use the Internet Explorer 1.46MB
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html
You will use the Windows, Internet Explorer Download EXE Installer (vs 10.1.102.64)
Once you have those on your Desktop, Using the Administrator Account, you will CLOSE all browser window

Look in your system tray(area near the clock) for any instant messengers, aol, yahoo, etc and Disable them.

Run the Uninstaller and when it is finished, Reboot(restart) your computer.

Run the Installer for vs 9 and when finished, Reboot your computer
Test your browser here and you should be able to see the Flash logo animation(spin) and the version of Flash Player should be listed.
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ It should be vs 9
Now you will run the Uninstaller again to Uninstall vs 9, when finished, Reboot your computer

Run the Installer for vs 10.1.102.64 and when finished, Reboot your computer.
Then test your browser and you should have vs 10.1.102.64 now Installed.
You will want to Print these instructions out to make it easier to follow.

I hope this works as well for you as it has others.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much. I was attempting to fix this problem over the course

of 3 days and you helped me in 10-15mins. Thanks soooo much again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well I am glad that this worked for you!! 10-15 minutes, LOL  I know the instructions look like they will take 3 days to follow, but it goes pretty fast

I can imagine the time you spent trying to find the problem.

Thanks for marking your thread as answered. It seems like a lot of users are having this same issue.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem but my root issue is that when I download fp 10 I'm being told that it was unable to download because there might be a similar version that I need to uninstall. Problem is I don't have any version anywhere on my computer. However, I am able to download fp 10 every once in a while and like most other folks on here, youtube also tells me I need to upgrade. Even though it's already in my sytem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi moejoe1238, Since this thread is answered it is best to start your own thread/discussion. When you do, furnish your computer info please.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines