Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Accessing Admin UI

Dec 10, 2010 8:35 AM

My questions might seem very basic as I am semi-technical + business combo. I seem to have set-up the appliance in VMWare Workstation along with settings related to jboss. I am looking to get further understanding on accessing adminui. I know that you have specified <your_IP_address>. But that doesn't seem to work. Are you refering to IP address of appliance. I hope to have your feedback so that I can get this up and running. Please bear in mind my background when you reply so that we don't have to go back and forth. Thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2010 8:50 AM   in reply to livecycle_dive

Yes, you need to replace <your_IP_address> with the IP address the appliance has (hopefully) picked up from your network's DHCP server (assuming that is what you chose to do when the appliance was started for the first time).

Start the command prompt of the appliance (it is SUSE Enterprise Linux 11), switch to the 'root' user and run the command 'ifconfig' which should tell you the IP address of the appliance.  Instructions on these are available in the readme here:

http://d2x45prcet210j.cloudfront.net/readme.pdf

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2010 9:06 AM   in reply to livecycle_dive

From the "main system where the appliance is housed", or any other desktop in the same network.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2010 9:23 AM   in reply to livecycle_dive

Please e-mail me directly at first name . last name at adobe . com so that I can contact you.  Thanks.

- Jayan

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2010 11:33 AM   in reply to livecycle_dive

This is as designed - the "Administrator" super user cannot login to that UI (/edc/Login.do).

You have to first create a user with the role of "LiveCycle Rights Management User" using the AdminUI.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2010 1:45 PM   in reply to livecycle_dive

Most probably a mistake was made while editing the XML file.  Can you post the exception in JBoss boot.log?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2010 2:18 PM   in reply to livecycle_dive

That means JBoss is already running.  Re-start the VM.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2011 8:05 PM   in reply to Jayan Kandathil

What is the username password to login to adminui please?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 5:11 AM   in reply to AlexanderLimKH

Administrator/password

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status