• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP5 and Continue button on quiz results

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to delay the appearance of the continue button?  We have a submit quiz results button on the screen too that they are instructed to select first, but I'm sure some impatient person will hit continue before vCP5 can complete sending the popup for the student to complete to send the results.

Susan

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gray Susan,

my solution would be: hide the continue button behind another question button

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Axel, could you explain you suggested workflow more detailed?

You cannot insert a button on the score slide, as you probably know. The only other button on the score slide is the Review button (if you configured this to be active). Yes, you can drag the Review button on top of the Continue-button but then the user will never be able to do something else than Review? And he gets in an eternal loop? How will you solve that, please?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assumed that the Continue-Button is no longer necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The buttons on the Quiz Results slide are on hidden layers that you cannot reorder via the timeline.  These layers are above any other object that you add to the slide (e.g. a highlight box intended to hide the button until you want it seen).

I often hide the Review Quiz button underneath the Retake Quiz button on my projects so that the user has to pass the quiz before they can Review the Quiz.  This works because the Retake Quiz button seems to be on the very top layer.

From what I see, the order is:

• Retake Quiz - very top
  • Review Quiz - second from top
  • Continue - third from top

Unfortunately this may not help you much unless you want to force all users to Review the Quiz and exit the course another way.

You cannot add other interactive objects like buttons or clickboxes or interactive widgets to the Quiz Results slide.  But you can add Static Widgets.  So in theory you could make the Continue button invisible by moving it off stage or turning it into a transparent button and then use the Static Widget button that comes with Cp to move beyond the Quiz Results slide.  Even though it's only a Static Widget this button still allows you to execute one of the standard actions normally reserved for Interactive objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Susan,

Probably you are already aware that you do not have a lot of control over the default Question slides, Score slide included. You cannot delay this button, because it is not present on the timeline, you cannot cover it up temporarily with perhaps a drawing object, because it will always be put on top of any other object on the slide. And the properties panel for the buttons is limited... But just tried this cheating workflow, whichs seems to work, hoping it will work for you too:

• I configured the Continue button to be transparent and deleted the text on it: it will become invisible to the user, but not inactive!
  • I created an image that looks exactly like the continue button and inserted it on the slide on the same place as the now invisible Continue button
  • this image can be timed on the timeline; it will show up after the scheduled time
  • the user will think it is a button, will click on it and really clicks on the (unvisible) Continue-button
  • you will have to cross your fingers however, if the user clicks on the place of the invisible Continue-button before the mockup image appears the playhead will continue anyway

Perhaps I'll post this solution on my blog, what do you think?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this on the next project. For this one I moved the continue button to the right of the Submit Quiz Results button hoping that folks will start from the left

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources