Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

arcing text, bottom arc text by using text layout framework in flex 4

Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone somebody please help me is i want to know is that possible to make styles in text fonts like bottom arcs, upper arcs text by using text layout framework.

TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a feature in some graphics arts applications (for instance, Illustrator and InDesign) that is sometimes called "text on a path". This allows the test to follow a curved path instead of appearing in a line. TLF does not support this. FTE is capable of supporting this, if you force each character to appear in its own TextLine and then indivdually place each one. But this forces the ActionScript coder to do all of the layout, including at the character level.

I hope this helps answer your question,

- robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir, it helps me.. I just want to ask one thing is their any way to implement word art styles like in MS word where user can choose text style according to his choice but in flex using actionscript, this question i been looking everywhere on google but i inever found any useful answer if you can do this help that wull be very thankful.

Atishay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not familiar with Word's art style feature, but I can tell you that the features that TLF supports are font-based features and not graphic operations applied to the text. However, using Flash, you certainly can apply graphic operations to the text, its just part of Flash's underlying functionality, not part of TLF itself.

- robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines