Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not recognized in IE

Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Just recently updated IE8 to IE9 to try to fix the problem. Shockwave flash object is not showing up in manage addons.

The about page shows a white box with a red x in it.

I've checked for bit killer.

I've also done the following:

• Additional information

If Flash Player 10.1 is not working as expected, try

• updating the device drivers for your graphics\video card to the latest version
    • disabling hardware acceleration (Flash Player Settings, Display panel)
    • FPhwacc.png

Please do not

• ask questions in this topic; open a new topic in the forum, or post in a topic with exactly the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you using 32bit browser of 64bit browser ??

Also did you tried the lastest Flash Player  10.2   (http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe)

Please check in a different browser as well !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 32bit version. I thought flash didn't work in 64bit so i wasn't going to try it.

I am trying to use the latest version of flash but the ones I downloaded were not named the same as yours so I will try that exe file as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try that and if that does'nt resolve your issue

Try to uninstall Flash Player from the uninstaller

Install a fresh copy of Flash Player

Hope that helps !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried your installer link and it still is not working. Any other help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player from here : http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Run it and install a fresh copy from that same installer which I gave you in earlier post

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that to begin with. Everytime i try a new install I use the uninstaller first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you tried a different browser or a different website ??

Do you have the same issue ??

Also try a different user account !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox does work. IE does not work in a brand new account. There was only 1 account on the computer so I made a test admin account. Uninstalled then tried installing it and it still did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems its an IE issue, might be the upgrade IE8 -> IE9

As firefox works on new account !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work with IE8 but I will downgrade back to it to see if that helps. Firefox worked on the old account as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgraded to IE8 and it still does not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled after the downgrade as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was in an administrator account. No error messages.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I also have Malwarebytes and Spybot installed but they aren't actively running. No teatimer is not running.

Flash player only works in Firefox. It was broken in IE8 and has always been broken in IE. I upgraded to IE9 to see if it would fix the issue. It did not so I downgraded back to IE8.

I can't see your replies in the forums but I am getting your email notifications so please reply if you see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say I am having the exact same issue, in IE only.  64 bit Win7, using IE 8.    I have also tried everything in the kb, flash player support pages, etc.  (32 bit version of IE, disabled f-prot, malware bytes, and any other mem. residents, set security settings to med., scripting enabled,  proper uninstall, reboot, reinstall (automated and manual), reboot, etc)

Just like the OP, unistall and install seem flawless, but no add-on shows up..

EDIT:  Sorry, I missed the OPs comment asking not to repost if having the exact same issue.  Doh!

Message was edited by: Uze DaFarce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uze DaFarce wrote:

Just like the OP, unistall and install seem flawless, but no add-on shows up..

Did you also check for the "kill-bit", as the OP did (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3432049#3432049)?  If you have it set, don't fix it manually; I will give you an easier & safer method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2011 Feb 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Did you also check for the "kill-bit", as the OP did (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3432049#3432049)?  If you have it set, don't fix it manually; I will give you an easier & safer method.

Yes.  No kill-bit set.  It's not something simple, which is why I was relieved to see others experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue:

Quoted from eidnolb's PM since the forums were not working right.

First download and SAVE the FP Uninstaller to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html  

Next go to this Archived site http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html     Download the Flash Player 9.0.280 21.8 MB to your Desktop. This is a zipfile.

Look for and extract: Internet Explorer flashplayer9r280_winax.exe and put it on your Desktop.  (1.46 MB)
Download the FP Installer for IE and SAVE to your Desktop:(latest version)
  http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash _player_ax.exe

Once you have those on your Desktop, Using the Administrator Account, you will CLOSE all browser windows.
Disable Spybot and the RealProtection in MSE
Look in your system tray(area near the clock) for any instant messengers, aol, yahoo, etc and Disable them.
Run the Uninstaller and when it is finished, Reboot(restart) your computer.
Check and make sure Spybot & MSE are still Disabled.
Run the Installer for vs 9 and when finished, Reboot your computer
Test your browser here and you should be able to see the Flash logo animation(spin) and the version of Flash Player should be listed.
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ It should be vs 9
Now you will run the Uninstaller again to Uninstall vs 9, when finished, Reboot your computer
Check and make sure Spybot & MSE are still Disabled.
Run the Installer for vs 10.2.152.26 and when finished, Reboot your computer.
Then test your browser and you should have vs 10.2.152.26 now Installed. If you can see the Flash logo animation(spin) then most likely you have Shockwave Flash Object in the IE addons, so check that.
You will want to Print these instructions out to make it easier to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tw0tone, Glad that worked for you!! Thanks for marking your thread as answered also. I know that procedure was like having to fly to New York from Atlanta to get to California, but you got there

Now if we can get the Flash Forum working properly, maybe things will get back to normal:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tw0tone, I'll try again and hope my post goes thru this time! Thanks for marking your thread as answered. I know the procedure was like flying to New York from Atlanta to get to California, but you got there

This is to Uze DaFarce in case you didn't get the post I sent you. Before you try this procedure you will need to make an adjustment, to let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

EDIT: I know browsers freeze, but I guess the Flash Forum is freezing also I see my latest post brought up the other two.

Do we have a Spam filter? LOL

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb wrote:

Hi Tw0tone, I'll try again and hope my post goes thru this time! Thanks for marking your thread as answered. I know the procedure was like flying to New York from Atlanta to get to California, but you got there

This is to Uze DaFarce in case you didn't get the post I sent you. Before you try this procedure you will need to make an adjustment, to let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

EDIT: I know browsers freeze, but I guess the Flash Forum is freezing also I see my latest post brought up the other two.

Do we have a Spam filter? LOL

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Yeah, this forum was really having troubles.  I checked the site when I got the email notifications, but the last few posts (including solution) were missing, and I didn't catch it cause there were new posts from the previous time I had checked.

I am excited to try this, but it will be a while before I can as I was helping my sister fix her laptop, and after days of trying to resolve this, I finally had to give it back to her.  I will fix it next time we get together, until then she's going to have to do without flash in IE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uze, nice to hear from you. The Forum has certainly been having problems!! Yesterday it appeared to be working better, just hope it stays up.

On the procedure that is listed here, you will need to Disable your Anti-Virus/Spyware programs since I'm sure they are different than Tw0tone's.

Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully, they are all there for a purpose.

Too bad about your Sister's laptop, tell her to Register here and start a thread. Each computer system is different.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure worked like a champ!  I had tried all of this before except reverting to version 9 and back, so that's definately the key.  Thanks so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi , Yes that was nice of Tw0tone to post my instructions for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Uze DaFarce:

If you follow that procedure that Tw0tone just posted, you will probably need to make a couple of adjustments.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Were you using the Administrator Account when Uninstalling/Installing? Did you receive any error messages?

What Anti-Virus/Spyware program(s) do you have Installed?

Flash Player works thru the browsers, so perhaps an update from IE8 to IE9 has caused a glitch. There are a couple of other things that should be done when Uninstalling also.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines