Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fade in Fade Out between slides

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Captivate 5 and putting together a demo to show screen recording alongside video.

This has been split between several slides. My problem is that for each slide, I have 'No transition' selected, yet when it plays (either in  preview or when I publish to SWF and HTML), there is a fade out/fade in to each slide.

I have tried to look over the settings to see if there was a default setting that managed this but I can't find an option to prevent the fade out/fade in so that the entire project plays seamlessly.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Hello,

If it was due to a transition effect on the Master slide, it is really easy to change this to No Transition: look on the Master slide Panel, probably there is something inserted (image?) with a transition effect, and you get its Properties in the Property panel. In the Properties you have the Transition accordion, change the Transition just like you would do for a normal slide. In this screenshot you see an example, with an image on the Master slide.

Lilybiri

MasterTransition.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recording also adds different types of objects to your Captivate project, other than the slide alone. If any of the other objects have transition setting to "Fade in and Out", it's possible that the slide will have the same transition effect.

Please run through your project to see if there are any such objects and reset them to No transition.

And, there is a simple way to do this. From the Object Style Manager (Edit-> Object Style Manager), choose the object for which you want to change the transition effect, and modify the same parameter under tranistion. Set it to no transition. Do this for all object types in your recorded projects. Publish/Preview, should now work fine.

Please try this and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through and made sure No Transition is selected for all but the slides still seem to fade in and out.

I even deselected the fade in and fade out for the start and end of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there eventually a possibility to check your file? If yes, you could post it on acrobat.com and send the link?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's posted on a FTP site here:

http://screencult.com.predns.ourwindowsnetwork.com/Projects/Invensys/InvensysDemo_query.zip

Please take a look at let me know.

NOTE** - this is an ongoing project, so the details are confidential.

I understand that you are just viewing this to help me though.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had a look, and it seems to me that the issue is specifically with the FLV's, especially with those that were 'greenscreen' recordings. Is this correct? I played some of them separately and could even see the fading out there. How were they created and imported in Captivate?  Was always looking for a transition in CP itself, but apparently the fading effect has not its origin there.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

could you try to import the flv files to the library first and apply them then to the slide?

Best TD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the FLV files - they don't fade in and out in the original files.

Also, if you play the project, you'll see that is the master (background) slide that fades in and out between slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KomalV,

From the video files you posted, it is seen that the videos infact have no fade in fade out transitions. I created a sample project on my side using the video files and published them. The project played without the transition effect. We would need to investigate your cptx in order to probably figure out what is causing this.

Is it possible to mail me  your project, or a sample of your project, where you see the same issue to sushma@adobe.com ?

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!!

I realised it was using the master slide as a background on each slide - instead I changed it to have the same Project Background file, rather than using a Master Slide. It's a tiny pain which I can live with for the moment.

Such silliness (couldn't find a way to manage Master Slide settings) but sorted now.

Thanks for all your help and patience with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If it was due to a transition effect on the Master slide, it is really easy to change this to No Transition: look on the Master slide Panel, probably there is something inserted (image?) with a transition effect, and you get its Properties in the Property panel. In the Properties you have the Transition accordion, change the Transition just like you would do for a normal slide. In this screenshot you see an example, with an image on the Master slide.

Lilybiri

MasterTransition.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, sorry, didn't realise. I have to click on the image for the master slide in the timeline though. Otherwise I was clicking on the master slide in the master slide panel and there weren't any other options - now I have them!!

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It will indeed be due to objects that are set to fading transitions. Just want to add that by default the first slide in a project fades in and the last slide fades out. You can change that in the Preferences, Project, Start and End.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic! I have spent so much time trying to figure this out! Thank you for the simple fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources