• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installer via FTP

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download the latest version of Adobe Reader via FTP from [ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win].  That is the complete installer file, not merely an installer stub that requires further downloading.

Why can I not get the latest version of Flash Player from [ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/flash]?  A search on this forum for "FTP" shows many, many requests for the ability to download Flash Player via FTP.  That same search shows exactly NO answers for why this is not available.

And PLEASE do not use this message as justification for removing Adobe Reader from ftp.adobe.com.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try to download Flash Player :

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.0.0/en_US/AdbeRdr1000_en_US.exe

This link is for Adobe Reader 10

Hope this help !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also,

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe (This link is for Adobe Flash 10.2)

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the FTP link for Adobe Reader for several years.

Your indicated link for Flash Player is a Web link.  I -- and many others -- request an FTP link.  I cannot connect to fpdownload.macromedia.com via FTP, only via my Web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting newer versions of Adobe Reader via FTP from ftp.adobe.com for many years now.  This does not address Flash Player via FTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaf Mold wrote:

Why can I not get the latest version of Flash Player from [ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/flash]?

Because Flash Player is served from the macromedia.com servers, e.g.

Unfortunately the 'anonymous' user does not let you in, so you need a userid/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay.  That's very helpful. That's actually more information on this issue than anything I have ever seen before.

Now, how do I get a user ID and password for FTP access to ftp.macromedia.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines