Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to TCS 3.0

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm currently running TCS 1.3 and just got the new 3.0!  My question is this, should I uninstall TCS v 1.3 before I install 3.0 or will 3.0 just overwrite 1.3?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will create a separate instance of all the component programs (i.e. not in a TCS3 folder); you could still run the earlier versions if you wanted too (but why would you?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

1. I would advice you to do a complete uninstall. Free version of Revo uninstaller works great for everyday usage. Compare it with the Pro version here. Purchase it if you must.
  2. Restart the system.
  3. Now do the TCS 3 install. You'll have a clean and fresh install.
  4. Spend a few minutes in reading the wonderful links on the help and support pages of FM, RH, Cp, TCS, etc.

Do share your experience for the benefit of others 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All, thanks for the responses below.  I've uninstalled th current version of TCS I was running (V1.3) and installed the latest (V 3.0) without any problems.  I just used Windows normal Add/Remove software function in the Control Panel and it seems to work like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines