Skip navigation
RYEAL
Currently Being Moderated

My adobe reader X "Read Out Loud" doesn't work,

Feb 14, 2011 2:50 PM

After going to view, then to "read out loud" then to activate, then back to "read out loud" then to "read this page only"..... nothing!.. no sound, no message, nothing. How can I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2011 3:13 PM   in reply to RYEAL

Does the document actually contain live text or is it a scan of text? If the latter, it's just a picture and would mean there is nothing for it to read.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 2:23 PM   in reply to ~graffiti

i have the same problem and yes it does contin live text

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2011 8:57 AM   in reply to RYEAL

Same for me. Adobe Reader 10, no updates, no change after uninstall/reinstall. I am using Windows 7 and Microsoft narrator voices work in other applications. Even after copying text to Word, verifying that it is letter by letter typed and choosing a recommended font, then saving as a .pdf and reopening in Adobe Reader X.It also does not matter if I select the text or not.

Gives me the option to "activate" with all other options greyed out. When activated, the other options become available but there is no voice. If I choose "read to end of document" Adobe Reader crashes.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2011 12:38 PM   in reply to RYEAL

This may seem like a silly response, but after you activate the read aloud function, you then have to select the section to be read.  You can do this in the document itself by click the mouse on the section to be read; you can also do this by going to hte same menu in which you found the "Activate read aloud" button, you will also find a button  "read to the end", "read to the bottom of the page", etc.

I hope this was helpful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points