Skip navigation
MarcoAlvarado
Currently Being Moderated

How to automatically saved a pdf form into a network folder using a submit button

Feb 11, 2011 1:20 PM

Good evening to everyone,

I'm more than a beginner on adobe development reason why I would like to apologize first if my questions are dumbs. :-(

I would like to know if 'Adobe 9 Professional Extended' has the possibility to put some code into a submit button in order for the pdf form to be saved with a unique name and into a Network folder located into an Encryption Server where we handle our PII. Is it? Over the past two weeks I've been digging into the documentation but I'm unable to find something that will help me to accomplish our headquarters requirements.

If there is no possibility, is there any programming language that adobe accepts in order to configure a piece of code that will store the file into a network folder? Perhaps VB or C-SHARP?

Whatever feedback anyone can give, I deeply appreciate it.

Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2011 1:42 PM   in reply to MarcoAlvarado

Across the menu bar under FORMS should be an option to "Distribute Form".  This option will take you into LiveCycle Designer.  LiveCycle Dsigner will allow you create scripts in either JavaScript or FormCalc.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2011 7:39 AM   in reply to MarcoAlvarado

I may not be the best resource for helping you with this, but when the form is ready for distribution you should select "collect responses on my own internal server" rather than Acrobat.com 

distribute.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2011 11:07 AM   in reply to MarcoAlvarado

I don't know the answer concerning Workbench.  You might try posting your question in LiveCycle Process Management ES or LiveCycle Output ES

Good luck,

Rufus

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points