• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working??

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I am new here and not a techy type person...I have similar issue to others...flash player not working despite many attempts over the last few weeks.

Have uninstalled and re installed and even taken off my anti virus as a last resort to see if that works but it doesnt help!

I'm using  IE8, windows xp service pack 3 on a samsung netbook, my java is up to date and the flash player shows as an installed program but it doesnt work?!

I've also tried installing the older version as shown in other posts but that doesnt work either and i can not view the flash logo (spin) with any version of flash player. i dont have a separate spyware program or anything like that as far as i know so i dont think there is anything preventing it from working.

Be very grateful for any help at all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for some background and your computer info. Now my first question is have you had a Virus? If so, has it been removed and which Anti-Virus program removed it?

Normally that would not have been my first question, but this Forum has been flooded with users that have/had viruses.

Let me know also if you received an error messages when trying to Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for answering me...I think there was a virus and my avg free version removed it. This was a good few weeks ago now and I can't recall much about it! When I install the flash player i dont get any error messages at all and it's only when i try to use something like you tube, facebook or my weightwatchers point logging page that i cant view things!

THanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petlip

We've also been having problems with the Flash Player 10.2 not working. There are 2 possible suggestions from the forum:

1. Turn off hardware accelleration (right-click the Flash app in the browser to bring up the Settings menu & uncheck teh 'Enable hardware accelleration option')

2. Roll back to the previous version of Flash Player 10.1

Another option which we are using as our temporary work around is to use the Flash 10.2 Debug Player.  (Rolling back to the previous FP 10.1 version requires an uninstall, so the debug version is easier to switch to)

You can download it here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

(Download the 'Plugin content debugger for Firefox / Chrome' or the 'ActiveX control content debugger' for IE)

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maziak

I had tried the old version already with no luck and i just tried the debugger you suggested and that hasnt worked either šŸ˜ž

Hopefully I'll get it sorted somehow it's so frustrating! It was working one minute then not the next and is fine on my pc which runs vista....

thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petlip, thanks. You are having the problem that many are experiencing that have had a Virus. Even tho AVG removed it, I would like you to go to www.malwarebytes.org. Download the Free version to your Desktop. This is a standalone version that you run from your Desktop. Once you have done that, then click on the Update on their Toolbar and then Run a Scan. If any malware is found that perhaps AVG missed, follow the instructions from MBAM(malwarebytes) to remove it.

Once you have done that, let me know. We want to be sure your computer is clean before proceeding with what needs done to get Flash Player Installed for you.

Going back to an earlier version isn't a good idea since all of the Security that is in the new version is lost. We can take care of this, but first things first and that is running MBAM to make sure your system is clean.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Success with the malwarebytes....it found something and removed it.

What's next šŸ™‚

THanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I thot so, since MBAM finds things hiding:-) I'm on another thread and as soon as I finish, I'll get back to you for the next step.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Since we are going to perform certain procedures to try to get Flash Player Installed with the latest version, I would like you to Disable AVG. They have several components that I don't want active until we're finished. Now I'll list these but don't Disable now, but I'll have "Disable AVG" in the Steps I'll outline. You'll want to print out these instructions to make it easier also.

Do you know how to download a zip file and extract one? That is important, so I need to know that since you will be doing that.

You can do that now and put it on your Desktop if you like.

go to this Archived site   http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html     Download the Flash Player 9.0.280 21.8 MB to your Desktop. This is a zipfile.

Look for and extract: Internet Explorer flashplayer9r280_winax.exe and put it on your Desktop.  (1.46 MB) There is a Read Me if you need it to refer to.

AVG:

Resident Shield

Open AVG User Interface. (Right Click to Open)
Double-click on the Resident Shield.
Un-tick the option Resident Shield active.

Save the changes.

LinkScanner

Open AVG User Interface.(Right Click to Open)
Double-click on the LinkScanner.
Un-tick the option Enable AVG Search-Shield and Enable Active Surf-Shield.

Save the changes.

I'll continue with the next message.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks - am downloading the zip file now to my desktop but it is painfully slow despite fast broadband....not sure why! says its going to take 2 hours!!!

Awaiting next message and instruction to disable avg,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no it doesn't take that long, it's only 21+ MB. When you clicked on the link I gave you and when it opened did you click SAVE and then choose the Desktop to save the zip file?  That is what should be done. If you didn't do that, then cancel because it doesn't take that long.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

yes i clicked save i guess i have another problem šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't think AVG would interfere with just downloading, Installing yes.

I'll see if I have the actual link so you can use it.

What problem do you think you're having?

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my download speed is only managing around 3kbps!!! no idea why my connection and speed is fine?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't either, I tried to get the link(I have the one you need) but the thread won't allow me to put it here. I'll try again.

Dont' know why it taking that long. Do you have all windows closed except the one you are downloading from?

You don't have to ans that, just do that tho.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have to wait until i can speak to my isp tomorrow....tried the pc and same problem so it must be the connection somewhere....

i'll come back on here when ive got it downloaded

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. That is really strange. Hope they can help figure it out.

Thanks for the update.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've been following your thread with petlip because I've encountered the same problems.  I've uninstalled version 10.2.152.26 and run the MBAM which did find and quarantine 4 items.  Currently running is Microsoft Security Essentials & Spybot Search & Destroy.  I also have Windows Defender but it currently refuses to turn on.  I've downloaded the fp9r280_and_higher_archive to the desktop and extracted the files.  The closest one I find to your reference is flashplayer9r280_mac_sa.app.  Is this the one I want??  And if so, what should I do next??  Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

finally managed to get the file downloaded!! not sure what that was all about!

Am ready to deactivate avg when you are...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning, Glad you finally got that downloaded. Take a look in Post#8. Make sure the vs9 you Saved to your Desktop is that one. Also the info for disabling AVG is there also. You may want to print it out. Following is the procedure you will use.

Don't use these links from your email. Use them directly from your thread here where I have posted them.

First download and SAVE the FP Uninstaller to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html 

Download the FP Installer for IE and SAVE to your Desktop:(latest version)
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

You should now have the vs9 (1.46MB) on your Desktop, the Uninstaller & the Installer for latest version.

Once you have those on your Desktop, Using the Administrator Account, you will CLOSE all browser windows.

Look in your system tray(area near the clock) for any instant messengers, aol, yahoo, etc and Disable them.

Disable AVG per Post#8

Run the Uninstaller and when it is finished, Reboot(restart) your computer.
Check and make sure AVG is still Disabled.
Run the Installer for vs 9 and when finished, Reboot your computer
Test your browser here and you should be able to see the Flash logo animation(spin) and the version of Flash Player should be listed.
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ It should be vs 9
Now you will run the Uninstaller again to Uninstall vs 9, when finished, Reboot your computer
Check and make sure AVG is still Disabled.
Run the Installer for vs 10.2.152.26 and when finished, Reboot your computer.
Then test your browser and you should have vs 10.2.152.26 now Installed. If you can see the Flash logo animation(spin) then most likely you have Shockwave Flash Object in the IE addons, so check that.

Enable AVG
You will want to Print these instructions out to make it easier to follow.

Read these over and if you have any questions before you start, let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

It worked a treat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petlip, Great   I'm sure you've never been through anything like this:-) Happy that you have now joined other users that have been having the same problems and with this procedure have been successful!!!

One thing on AVG, if you find Flash Player is not performing as it should take a look at the addons from AVG in your browser.

Sometimes these can conflict and you can disable them to check. Also the LinkScanner, most AVG users disable it. Just something to keep in mind. These in no way affect the main Anti-Virus engine which is the ResidentShield. They are just "extras"

Also I would update MBAM at least twice a week or so and run a scan(quick one). When you do that, disable the AVG ResidentShield so there is no conflict and also close all browser windows.(The scan runs faster:-)

Thanks for marking your thread as answered also

I had replied to you just a few minutes ago but when I hit post message, the Forum logged me off and I had to start over!!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jlpey, If you would start your thread/discussion and furnish your computer info/browser I'd be glad to help you. Each person's computer configuration is different. I see a couple of things that need corrected in what you have posted.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines