Skip navigation
Authentic Sols
Currently Being Moderated

How to Play Slow motion FLV File

Oct 29, 2009 11:22 AM

Hi,

I would like to play a Slow Motion FLV File in Flex using Action Script but unable to find any way to do so. I have looked into the Action Script API proposed by Adobe but couldn't find any way. Can you people please help me in this regard?

Thanks in advance...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2011 11:54 PM   in reply to Authentic Sols

does anyone know how to do this with the current Flash builder 4 and AS3?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2011 11:55 PM   in reply to Authentic Sols

does anyone know how to do this with the current Flash builder 4 and AS3?

thanks in advance

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 7:15 AM   in reply to ajibanda

Well I guess you can't do it with play() since it will go real time speed so if thinking out of the box you could edit the movie itself or pause the video and set a timer to move to a specific time location of the flv so it will act like a slow motion. I guess that would require for you to export your movie with a lot of keyframes and I still can't be sure if it would work Good luck with that!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 4:51 PM   in reply to FM_Flame

thanks for the reply, i don't think that editing would be of any help, since that would require me to put the operation outside the box.

On the other hand, making a play-pause-paly effect, will that make a slow motion effect? I was thinking that it would make a lagging effect rather making a slow motion.. does flex still doesn't provide it?

thanks again..

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 5:18 PM   in reply to ajibanda

sorry haven't heard of such video effects api for which you are looking for.

I don't know if it will get a lagging effect or not but just looked for it in google, looks like it worked for some people. Try it out.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 7:01 PM   in reply to Authentic Sols

You are not going to be able to get Flash to play an flv in a smooth slow motion. If it were possible, that effect would be seen everywhere.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points