• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot watch You tube. I get a black box where the video should play with no bar underneath to

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I don't know how to deal with this as I'm not at all technically minded. I have Windows Vista Business 32 bit operating system. I cannot watch Youtube since earlyier today, I just get the full page but no bar underneath the video screen which is just a black box now. I am using Windows internet explorer and recently downloaded latest Adobe Flashplayer for Windows Vista. I do not know any other technical information but depend a lot on Youtube as I am semi-housebound and don;t watch tv - just old tv shows. Thank you and please help me with this, as I feel lost without Youtube. I have http://WIN 10,2,152,26 Flash Player ( think the http/  isn't relevant it just appeared)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi, I see you found your thread. I'm going to give you an easy way to find the Flash Player forum and using it will bring you right to the Forum. Then you only have to click on your thread with your name in the thread you started. Don't use the other one. You can bookmark it/put it in your Favorites so you can find it

http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Then log in with your name(gramaqueen) and password. Now if you are already logged in and on your thread, just minimize the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I replied to you on the other thread you posted to. Following is what I posted:

Hi, This is a fairly easy thing to try.

you can go to this site and RIGHT click on the Flash logo (the Red F) Click Settings, then Display Settings. UNcheck the hardware acceleration.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
See if this helps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Hope that works for you and solves the problem.

EDIT: Other thread reference: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/795420?tstart=0

Message was edited by: eidnolb  Thread reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I

got it hard to even post a question at all. Will you please go to the other thread and i will delete th

is one. Thank you Eidnolb. I'm really stuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see you found your thread. I'm going to give you an easy way to find the Flash Player forum and using it will bring you right to the Forum. Then you only have to click on your thread with your name in the thread you started. Don't use the other one. You can bookmark it/put it in your Favorites so you can find it

http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Then log in with your name(gramaqueen) and password. Now if you are already logged in and on your thread, just minimize the thread instead of closing it.

Let's stay on this thread. I've checked the other thread and it may be that you are having a problem.

When you go to this site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ As soon as it opens you should see the Red Flash logo(F) animate(spin). Then the version of Flash Player that you have Installed is Displayed. That's one thing. While you are still there, RIGHT click on the Flash logo, then click on Settings, then click on Display Settings. If you see small icons, then click on each one until you see hardware acceleration with a small box in front of that with a check mark. Click on the check mark so it is removed. Click on close.

Let me know about this.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done as you suggested again thank you, but to no avail! The box is unticked and I still cannot play youtube videos, there is no bar underneath it still. I would like to thank you very much for your kindness, but I have to switch off now. I am the only user on this laptop by the way! If you think of anything else that might help me, I will log into this again tomorrow. I have no idea what happened, I was watching part 2 of an Agatha Christie which was ok, and after that I lost the bar. Again many thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. There could be some other problem, that was just something that does help. We can check a couple of other things tomorrow.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eibnolb I cannot thank you enough for your help. I switched on this morning and lo and behold You tube is working normally. I had shutdown yesterday before I asked for your help, but was no good. Obviously I didn't give it time enough to kick in, or I needed to restart. However I'm a happy woman today and thank you so much for your patience and tolerence with me, (a technophobic!). Happy camper. Also thank the other people who logged into this. Take care!   PS I never would have known to unclick that box or even how to get to it without your help, I didn't know such things existed, so we live and learn. A grateful gramaqueen!

Message was edited by: gramaqueen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, Nice to hear that this is working for you now Sometimes when a change is made, whether Uninstalling or Installing anything, a restart is needed.

Glad you  posted back to say how this turned out for you and marking your thread as answered.

Now if any of your friends have the same problem, you can tell them what to do!!!

Thanks for the kind words

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eidnolb. And yes if any of my friends have this problem I can 'show off' my expertise!!! Regards gramaqueen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gramaqueen,

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Adobe 10.2 issue. All that is being said is "turn hardware acceleration off". Well 1) that doesn't work, and 2) what's the po

int of having it if it doesn't work?

Gramaqueen, I have the same problem, and it will only be fixed when Adobe fixes this issue

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC-Sean wrote:

Gramaqueen, I have the same problem, and it will only be fixed when Adobe fixes this issue

Please don't post misleading information in other peoples' topics!

Flash Player 10.2 works fine; it is usually just some settings that may need to be adjusted for a specific environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb I did as you suggested and I still cannot get a bar displayed underneath this black portion of where the video should be. Can you help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines