• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swf to Animated Gif

Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I tried everything and read multiple forums on the topic but nothing still seems to work. I am trying to save a fla file i made (a banner) as an animated gif using Flash Professional CS5. Here is everything i did and tried and i am out of ideas!

- set the publish settings to Gif and in the Gif settings, selected animated and loop continuuously (also tried "repeat 2 times")

- tried playign with all the other settings like color and all just in case checking and unchecking the option boxes in that tab.

- tried publishing straight from that tab, or saving the settings, exiting and publishing from File --> Publish

- tried using Firefox or Explorer 9 (and an older version too but dont remember which) to view the file and all i see is an empty white box on white background.

- Even tried downloading a freeware that converts from swf to animated gif to see if the browser was the problem. It didnt really work but it got two elements from the banner to display as a static image.

- Made all my animation in the main menu. Its not really complicated animation, just a timeline with a dozen layers that show things at different times. Simple color background with text appearing and disapearing. Tried creating objects and motion tweens just for the fun to see if that would stick even though ididnt really add any motion and that didnt work either.

I just dont know what else to try. Am i missing something? I jsut started using flash but got the hang of most of it and my swf banners work. But i may be overlooking something really simple that i just dont know yet...

Thanks,

Arka

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

I just had this problem, here is the fix:

1) Go to File / Publish Settings
2) Tick and click 'Gif Image' on the left to load the Gif settings

3) Change the 'Player' at the very top of this window to be 'Flash Player 5'

4) Publish and enjoy your working gif.

❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if seting things per the information on the page linked below helps...

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/282324

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

Thx for the link but nope, tried that already.

Same result. a blank banner.

Just noticed might be a software bug though cuz while publishing, it doesnt complete the publish bar even though it closes it and acts like the process was completed, especially that it creates all the output files i request. The SWF file works but the GIF has a problem. goes to a certain byte count all the time and stops. I guess ill have to try to reinstall the program... unless someone else has heard of this...

Thanks

Arka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem, here is the fix:

1) Go to File / Publish Settings
2) Tick and click 'Gif Image' on the left to load the Gif settings

3) Change the 'Player' at the very top of this window to be 'Flash Player 5'

4) Publish and enjoy your working gif.

❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks swpryor it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone have a idea why my images are being distorted afterwards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just export your fla video as swf file with Flash Professional CS5, then convert the swf file to gif file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the above method still does not work, you may try this method to convert swf to gif.

This method also helps to convert swf to flv, mp4, avi, mov, mpg, etc video format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks web page goto method convert swf veri kurtarma to maycan temizlik ürünleri very fiald firewall and web server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My flash doesn't have "Flash Player 5" It only goes down to 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines