• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS5 Won't Open

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Photoshop CS5 Production Premium suite on my Win 7 system.

I have 8GB RAM, 2.60 GHz processor, 64-bit operating system.

Photoshop works fine. However, Bridge does not open. When I click either File>Browse in Bridge, or click the BR icon, I see a momentary spinning circle timer, then nothing. While the little circle is spinning, the red X in the upper right hand corner of the Photoshop window turns gray.

I called Adobe and spent nearly two hours with a tech to solve this problem. The solution he came up with is not satisfactory, and I was wondering if anyone else had an idea.

We tried to reset Bridge using the CTR while opening Bridge and checking the three options, then restarting Photoshop.

We reinstalled Photoshop from the discs.

Finally, we set up a new user account on my computer. If I open Photoshop in the second user account, I can open Bridge. However, since all of my thousands of photos are saved in files in my first user account, I cannot save any photos to these files if I am in the second account. Also, I cannot browse my photo files, as they are in the first user account.

Obviously, I can't operate this way. Does anyone have a fix or an idea of what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 126 Replies 126

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Task Manager and look for a hidden instance of Bridge in the Processes tab.

End that and Bridge might start normally. That hidden instance is created if you have Autostart on Log on checked in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked. There is nothig with Bridge in the file name open in the Processes.

The only two items that have anything to do with Photoshop that are running in the Processes are:

CS5ServiceManager.exe* 32

Photoshop.exe

I closed out of Photoshop, which stopped the Photoshop.exe process.

I manually closed the CS5ServiceManager.exe* 32 process.

Then I started Photoshop up again.

Still cannot open Bridge.

Any other ideas? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you switched to Win7 was it a clean install or migration from

XP?  I have seen posts where the some stuff gets left over that the new OS does not like.  Perhaps that is why it works with new ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a clean install of Win 7. It's a new computer

, and it came with Win 7 already installed as the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well with Bridge CS5 just not opening in Win7 64.  I think it has something to do with the updates.  Because right after I installed the updates it stopped working.  Plus on my co-workers machine with the exact same setup minus the updates it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting PS since the update?

You say it does not open.  Does it crash, or do what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried removing the whole master collection, and then reinstalling it.  I can open up the task manager, watch the program execute and then close.  I get no error message nothing.  I even tried installing under a new user as suggested in the forums. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reinstall will not change the preference file in either Bridge or Photoshop.  If there was an error before there will be an error after reinstall.

Reset Bridge hold down the Crtl key and start Bridge.  For PS hold down the Crtl + Alt + shift keys and then start PS.  You will get a reset window if done correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashed the preference on both programs multiple time during this whole process, and that didn't seem to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean install 3 days ago.  Bridge worked the first day did the updates the second day and that's when it stopped working. I then uninstalled master collection.  Created a new user account under windows 7.  Reinstalled the master collection, and at that point still had nothing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. The symptoms are exactly as you described. Win7 64 machine.

I too had to create a new user and Bridge works fine but all of my photos are with my user name.

This problem is common and persistant.

If I open under the new "test" user name everything works smooth as glass. It operates very fast and I am happy except I can't use Bridge under my user name. Photoshop CS5 works fine but no Bridge CS5. Bridge CS3 wiil work though.

Please some body HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem trying to run Bridge on a new computer with windows 7 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously this is a problem they are not interested in finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I have the same issue. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Bridge CS5  opens in Admin account just created but not the original account with  admin rights. Don't make me transfer all my files over to a new account  over some bug introduced with the latest update please.

Don't ignore this issue please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I am running Mac 10.5.8 on a intel desktop. installed PS5 and can not open bridge while in photoshop. I can open bridge by itself but get an error message when I try to go from photoshop to bridge. also my photoshop tool are not available in bridge and mini bridge. not sure what else is wrong, but last night I tried to re-dock my panels one on top of the other and could not do that. I could put them side to side but not on top. I have been working with tech support for months with no solution. I have checked the start up scripts in bridge prefrerences and they seem to be missing. I have used the same install disk and intstalled the program on mylaptop and it works fine.

I did create another admin user acct put the problem still exists, so that did not help my situation.

We need a fix to this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and decided to run Photoshop as 32 bit rather than 64 bit.  NOW BRIDGE WORKS OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it just start working one day???or did you do something to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran adobe photoshop in 32 bit mode, not 64 bit mode, and it started

working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ateyapi wrote:

I just ran adobe photoshop in 32 bit mode, not 64 bit mode, and it started

working

That is interesting, but not sure why.

If photoshop is not running at all does Bridge Work?  One does not rely on the other, except for some tasks like image processor.

Bridge is a 32 bit program even though you may have purchsed PS 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restored the original state of my new Windows 7 computer, reinstalled CS4, and set Bridge as having worked with Vsta, then with XP SP3 and tried to open Bridge with no other CS4 apps open. It still won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resored the original state of my new

Windows 7 computer, reinstalled CS4, and set

Bridge as having wiorked with Vsta, then with XP

SP# and Bridge still won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with tech support since july and they have not  figured out what the problem is yet. very frustrating. in response to  Curt, I use photoshop and bridge interchangable. As a professional  photographer you need to go between the programs effortlessly. that is  not happening in CS5. I can not acess any photoshop tools in bridge.

let's just hope the find the solution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope so. I am having the problem with CS4,

not encouraging that it also occurs with CS5. If

they fix CS5, I sure hope they also apply it to CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all posters - it is frustrating. I did an uninstall, reboot, install, reboot and it finally started working.

It's also totally unnecessary.  We can't even use our system's OS to open Camera Raw .  So we don't even have clumsy alternatives - we just have no alternative.  I hate this.

Adobe - are you listening?  FIX THIS PROBLEM!

I think I'll switch to GIMP.  Just kidding, GIMP is great open source software, but Photoshop is a cut above.  However if we can't access functionality we might as well go open source and get GIMP.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines