Exit

Many Recent Issues - Related?

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dateline - February 10, 2011

Using Google Chrome 9.0.597.94 latest update

For the last 3 - 4 days, there have been several issues with the Adobe Forum.

• Staying logged-in is tenuous, at best. Sometimes, I can stay logged-in for hours, but other times, I have to re-log-in between eavery post, or even between every thread viewed. I do not have "Remember Me" checked, and have removed all cookies. Sometimes, I have to go to the log-in screen and enter the info, but many times, just hitting "Log-in" will automatically accomplish this.
  • Many losses of the Adobe servers. These instances have been random, and usually for very short periods, but they seem to be coming more frequently. Usually a dozen Refreshes finally restablishes the contact with the server, or it comes back up.
  • Usually, when the log-outs and lost servers happen, the general speed of the forum goes through the floor, with 1 - 2 mins. to refresh a page, whether just going back to the main forum page, after reading, or after a post.
  • This happened during the same time, but immediately after a Chrome update. Spellcheck no longer works. I have toggled it OFF, rebooted, then turned it ON many times, with no change - no spellcheck. I thought that this was universal, but just visited several other sites for the first time in days, and found that spellcheck in Chrome worked perfectly - just NOT in the Adobe forum.

Not sure if anything above is related, or is just coincidental. Have others been experiencing similar?

Note: I have not had any issue with the random character addition to my account, as others have. My log-ins/log-outs have been with my correct account, whether the log-in has required keyboard input, or has been automatic (remember, "Remember Me" is unchecked).

Thanks in advance,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a fairly big server outage occured at approximately Noon (MST -7GMT), Thur. 10, 2011.

Maybe this was to switch things over?

Maybe all will get back to normal?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen similar delays before today, where the forums have been mostly unreachable by my computers, but access via iPhone has been fairly reliable. I can't explain that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had none of the issues in FF, but at least between 1 AM PST and 3 PM PST on Thursday, I only saw the

Site Area Temporarily Unavailable

page, and that applied to all forums.

It reminded me of the unexpected rollback in the days of the fair forums, but some dreams never seem to come true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I kept getting that often, sometimes at about 30 sec. intervals. Most outages were fairly short, though some lasted about 5 mins. That time is just an estimation, as I'd often go do something else, and then check back

Hope that osmething good is being done, but not holding my breath.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't looked to find out what was actually done... if anything... but I remember a mention in the "Search" thread that a search fix was being investigated

I suppose it is POSSIBLE that putting a fix in place meant the servers had to be taken offline for an upgrade... but that is just speculation

At least the several hours I could not get to any forum yesterday seems to be fixed today

Of course, we are still running a really OLD version of Jive, so who knows !?!?

Added - if the edit function works today

When I posted the above, I received an error message... but it DID post

Whatever is happening with the forums and/or servers, it is not completely fixed

Oh... I looked at the Search thread, and last message was that a fix was not yet ready, so whatever is happening now is not related to posting a code fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, and maybe it has something to do with work on the Search engine, but I have been now getting several "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred," errors and then a double-post.

Let's just say that this was not the best week ever...

Maybe it will all be worth the effort?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been seeing some strange behaviour on the forums as well.

On Friday I was seeing the "site is temporarily unavailable", when trying to access the LiveCycle Designer ES forums. Like George, I could still access the forum via the iPhone.

What I have also experienced is that some threads that I have responded to, seem to have gone astray. On the computer web browser my post is missing, whereas on the iPhone it is still visible. Or visa versa.

Also there are some new threads that are visible on the iPhone, but not the computer's web browser.

Hmmm.., to answer threads or not?

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some hours ago, I responded to someone asking here a s

pecific product question, and gave a link to the proper forum. No

w the whole thread is gone.

Yesterday I answered a message in another thread. A couple of hours later, my message did not appear in the list, and was gone from the thread, so I rewrote it and reposted it. On posting the second message, it appeared below the one that had been missing.

All this in Explorer/Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post of nine hours ago is listed, but it

isn't to be seen anywhere.

A smillar occurrence in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3466656?tstart=0#3466656

where the last post of some 5 hours ago ins't there (abour 8:10 PM local time now):

Inexistente.JPG

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: missing message of mine appeared after posting this one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

We are seeing a lot of similar reply (and original post) display issues in the PrPro Forum. Also, some of the JPEG's, attached via the little camera icon are disappearing.

The "Last Post" button is intermittent, as well.

Hope that Monday (Feb. 14, 2011) brings us a few "Valentines."

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

My expectations regarding improvements in these forums are more than very low; perhaps at the bottom of a deep, dark pit. It's been far too much time without noticeable changes for the better, still using version 2.5.16 of the software, ... Not to mention those wonderful, knowledgeable and helpful participants that were banned or simply disappeared on their own, most probably never to come back. And who haven't been replaced by "new blood" as some predicted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the Servers are getting ready to have a melt down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as of Monday morning, Feb 14, 2011, and 9:00AM (-7 GMT), the "... Error has Occurred" message is still with us, though intermittently. The post does go though, but the poster needs to go Back, and then Cancel, or there will be a double post. Maybe it's still early in San Jose?

Fingers X'ed for improvements.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update, I am still seeing issues with long delays in threads updating, posts appearing, threads disappearing, etc. - as described above.

Also this evening got an "unexpected error" and then double post of my response.

So it still seems out of whack.

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niall,

Seems that my wishes for things to be fixed on Monday, Feb. 14, 2011, were just dreams.

Just looked at the Premiere Elements Forum, and suddenly 5 posts from the previous several days magically appeared.

The Reply count on many articles seem to be very wrong. Posts showing 0 (that is a zero) Replies, actually have a half-dozen. Posts showing several Replies show zero, when viewed. There seems to be some sort of "parallel forum universe," and millions of worm holes between them, where replies and posts filt at random.

Maybe we just did not deserve a big Valentine's preset?

Hunt

PS - I want my Chrome Spell-check back in the Adobe Forum too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received the "unexpect

ed error" message when trying to post a message (another thread), which I hadn't had for months. However, my message was posted all right, and appeared in the list. Until I went to another thread and came back: my message was not anywhere now, not even after restarting Explorer.

I'll try posting it again, and then I will report the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent almost an hour trying to track down a post into the PrPro CS5 Forum. I had seen it, but was about to reply to the post above it on my list. After 3 log-ins, and 2 "Unexpected Errors... " I went to look at the next post - gone. "OK," I thought, maybe it was really meant for CS4, and the MOD's moved it?" No, not there. Went back to CS5, Refresh, Refresh - no where to be seen. Logged in a half-dozen more times to post other Replies, and fought "Unexpected Error... " and suddenly, that post reappeared.

It has now gotten to where each page takes about 45 - 90 sec. to load. Log-ins another 45 - 90 secs., then three Backs, after the log-in to satisfy "Unexpected Error... " and that means that you are now at about 5 mins. just to post a Reply. Of course, that is when the servers are up, and they went down on me 3x this afternoon (Feb. 15), so there is not any way to help many people on the forum today.I, fool that I am, was hoping that things would be sorted out, but they have now gotten even worse.

Maybe the Sun will come up tomorrow?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has to do with Adobe, don't count on it.  I've said their server farm probably are on their last legs.  Probably using some 20 year old IBM's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten to post the results of my test. The missing message reapp

eared immediately after I posted a second version of it, to that I end

ed up with a double posting. Well, not exactly with a dob

uble posting, but the same info posted twice.

Shall we also call this a "new feature"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I think that is how marketing would spin things, along with the phantom line breaks.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Jive's new "Doppelganger" feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that it was their answer to "short attention span... " Shows how little I know.

On Wed, Feb. 16, ~9:00AM PST (-8 GMT), things got horrible for about 40 mins. After those "hiccups," things seem to have smoothed out. We'll see how long the smoothness lasts this time.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I am beginning to think that "luck" is the only hope por these forums..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the site unavailability mentioned in post #3 (and the occasional extra linefeed as in this line which I have corrected as always, and the occasional ID corruption requiring logout/login, and the occasional shift between complete and partial dysfunction of the Search, etc), I have seen no issues like the ones described here in any of the 7 forums (including this one) that I follow and post in through FF from over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines