• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IO Error on local file open, Error 2038

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a library book to my library on Adobe Digital Editions, and I keep getting the message:

IO Error on local file open, Error 2038.

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the server is simply busy and you can't get in to complete download. Try downloading during a time when server traffic might not be so heavy, such as early in the day.  I had the same problem then the next day I happened to try it again at a different time and it worked no problem.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you haven't fixed the problem yet, try this. (I just spent six hours figuring it out, so I'm 'paying it forward') Delete ADE from your computer, and I mean from everywhere. If you're on a Mac, you may have a Digital Editions folder down on your Dock....delete it as well. Make sure all of your software is updated...have the current versions of Safari, etc., Flash Player, (for some reason a component of Flash Player is involved, don't ask me why), and your OSX. Then, download Adobe Digital Editions again. You should be ok.. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Haven't tried it yet but I will.

Christine Greeley

Library Technical Assistant

860-739-6946 ext. 2587

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines