• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find Photoshop Elements 9 user manual?

Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find a link to download, in PDF format, a User Manual for Photoshop Elements 9? There doesn't seem to be a manual on the installation DVD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Hello RMGalley,

Here are links to the both user manuals for Photoshop Elements 9:

Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/elementsorganizer_9_help.pdf

Photoshop Elements 9 Editor:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/photoshopelements_9_help.pdf

The user manuals for several versions of Photoshop Elements are listed here:

FAQ: Where can I download user guides for Photoshop Elements?

You can also get to the PDF from any Photoshop Elements help p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RMGalley,

Here are links to the both user manuals for Photoshop Elements 9:

Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/elementsorganizer_9_help.pdf

Photoshop Elements 9 Editor:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/photoshopelements_9_help.pdf

The user manuals for several versions of Photoshop Elements are listed here:

FAQ: Where can I download user guides for Photoshop Elements?

You can also get to the PDF from any Photoshop Elements help page by clicking the View Help PDF in the upper right corner of a page. Once you open the PDF online, you can save a copy to your computer by using the Save button in the upper left.

-Brett

Message was edited by: Kirsti Aho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brett,

Many thanks for the URL's.  I have messing around my trial version of Elements 9 for several days looking to get a printable version of the Handbook.

I guess I am a bit old fashioned but I like to browse the printed word and then have those words in front of me as I try to negotiate the program.

I have a ton of DVD'ized 8mm SCUBA diving videos of mine that I am desperate edit into more viewable form for my family.

Thanks again

Brian Robertson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tangentially relevant to this topic, especially for those who read books: I'm an amateur and enthusiastic user of PSE at the lower end of the learning curve. Now on PSE9, started with PSE5 and went through upgrades since then. For me the "must haves" when using PSE are the manuals written by Barbara Brundage, e.g. "Photoshop Elements 9 - the Missing Manual" published by O'Reilly. They are worth their weight in gold. They are written very clearly and instantly provide answers to many or most of the standard questions asked on this or other forums. Any time I dip into one my PSE abilities make a quantum jump. The books are reasonably priced. Anyone getting to grips with PSE simply has to get a copy.

I'm not related financially or otherwise to the author or her publisher.

Paddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, the way it goes, I mentioned this exact same thing may not be word for word, but exact same thing and it goes on like I type invisable letters. What the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The editor help files are here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/index.html

and the organizer files are here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/index.html

just right click on the black band and you can choose to save to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, from your second post it sounds like you want Premiere Elements, not Photshop Elements at all, despite your topic. Is that right?

If so, the PRE forum is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

and the PRE help files are here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

You are so correct.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Regards

Brian Robertson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

OK I have now caught up with you having sorted a mess this this end.

What I am looking for is PDF file that functions as a Users Handbook for Adobe Premier Elements 9.

All I can find is on-line video type files that are useless to me as a novice user with one computer - OK an iMac with 27" monitor - But I want a text manual in front of me as I navigate my way through the Premiere video editing program in order to carry out simple editing cut and paste clips to produce an amateur video - initially anyway.

Now please can you help me?!?

Thanks

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link provided by Barbara is the online version (html). Look at the right of the title bar, you can access the pdf version :

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/premiereelements_9_help.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click at the right side of the black bar near the top of the page, you can download the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I need some help.

I am TRYING to buy my downloaded trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 9. BUT your system is making it next to impossible to do this on-line with its incorrect assumptions re language, place of residence, country of origin of credit card and billing address.

I had this problem before last year and ended up having to buy a DVD version of Adobe PS CS5 from an electronics store in Houston TX when I last visited there last October. I do NOT want to wait another 6 months before buying this item of software on my next visit to the U.S.

So please give me some guidance.

I have a downloaded version of Adobe Premiere Elements 9

I live in and have a MC billing address here in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, South America.

I require EVERYTHING to be the English Language

My account when I try to buy this software on-line is in GBP including VAT. GBP ok but surely as I am NOT buying this in the UK I am not liable for VAT!!

The address you are using is my contact address in the UK which happens to be my brothers home!!

All I want to do is buy this software with my CC and get full unrestricted access to Premiere before the TRIAL PERIOD ENDS.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course. If it will help I can telephone you via Skype or magicJack or you can call me at an agreed time on either of these VOIP systems.

Thank you

Brian Robertson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, LoftyRobbo. I'm afraid you're in the wrong place. These are just user-to-user forums, not official adobe support or sales. I would suggest the best thing to do is to go to the bottom of this web page and click the Contact Adobe link for a phone number for your area. Good luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a copy of that in the mydocumemnts folder, I have

that on both my desktop and laptop. Another way is click help then

tworad the right find the pdf version button and away you go.

I would like to know how to post, aint found anything for that yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to post, aint found anything for that yet

How to post what? where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those like me with vintage systems, the above links to the user gudes have vanished from adobe.com, but can still be found via the Wayback Machine at:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160706214953/http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/9.0/Using/p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines