• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Styles drop down to display in Alphabetical order??

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp Office HTML to develop Webhelp. I am using a cascading style sheet for my project.

Right now, the styles listing (when clicked on) displays in random order. It's not "last used." I don't know WHAT it is, but it is not working for me! I need the styles to display in the Style drop down in some kind of order, preferably alphabetical. I have lots of formatting to do--I am converting Word docs <sigh> and need to be able to apply styles quickly.

Thanks for any suggestions. I have looked and looked and no answer....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is heading styles, followed by paragraphs styles, followed by character styles, in alphabetical order within each. No way of changing it.

First take a look at the topics on my site about importing Word documents as that will minimise the amount of work to be done.

Then consider MacroExpress as you can create keyboard shortcuts that will change the styles.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Peter!

I looked at the styles and they don't appear to follow even the pattern you mentioned, but I appreciate your input.

Currently I am back to using FrontPage to convert to HTML, then importing to RoboHelp. It's easier to strip out the styles and all the funky tags from Word. I will check out the MacroExpress though--it looks like a big help.

Thanks again.
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp