Skip navigation
medialounge.ca
Currently Being Moderated

Preview iPad Landscape view

Mar 6, 2011 11:44 AM

Hello,

I'm developing a website for a client and she uses an iPad so she wants it to look good on the iPad.  However I don't have one and I can't figure out how to test in Adobe Device Central in landscape view.  Does anyone know how to test in landscape view or do you know of another device simulator I could use...thanks so much in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2011 9:00 AM   in reply to medialounge.ca

You can create a custom profile in landscape mode to test landscape view. You can base the custom profile on the existing iPad profile which is profiled in portrait mode. This way you will not have the device image any more, but emulation should work fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2011 1:57 PM   in reply to Jens Nandi

I have the same question.  What do you mean by "you will not have the device image any more?"  Seems like the device emulatation wouldn't be much good if it didn't appear to be in the context of the device.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 3:02 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

Hi LeslieInV,

It happens to be a design limitation, but your feedback will definitely be taken into consideration by the team.

Thanks,

Nandi

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 5:17 AM   in reply to Jens Nandi

Thank you very much Nandi for your attention to our questions.  It's so nice to see someone

out there cares about supporting customers.

I can design my own graphic, can't I & incorporate it in a profile?  If that's true, are they any good explanations of how one would do that?  I've been looking for that, but I'll I've found so far are very cursory mentions of doing so.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

That too cannot be done yet LeslieInV, and as your earlier wish, will also be provided as feedback to the team.

It is important for us to hear your wishes.

Thanks so much,

Nandi

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 8:45 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

An update regarding the Xbox controls that you are seeing, it could be reproduced on further machines, only workaround is to change Input Controls to "QWERTY" which is probably better than having the Xbox controls below the device.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 10:04 AM   in reply to Jens Nandi

Jens why do you think this? In my experience Xbox controls work just as good.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points