Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Query Viewer not working

Mar 6, 2011 7:46 PM

New install of CFB 2 on Win 7 32bit with CF901.

When right clicking on a database table in RDS Dataview I get an error , I get the error "/MyProject/.rdsTempFiles/RDS Query Viewer  does not exist". The same is happening when trying to open the RDS Query Viewer.

This works correctly in CFB 1.

Any suggestions what is going on? Is it a permissions issue or something similar? The .rdsTempFiles directory is created in the /MyProject folder and shows up in the Navigator.

Thanks

Doug

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2011 9:52 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

Hi

We are aware of this issue. We are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

https://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 3:24 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Hi

The RDS Query viewer feature may fail in following cases

1. No projects in Current navigator

2. if .rdsTempFiles folder in any of the project is manually deleted

3. if you dont have permission to create folder inside project folder.

I tried it with clean workspace , added RDS server, created project and then opened the RDS query viewer. It is working fine. Please check once again and let us know if you still hit up with the issue,

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

https://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2011 1:31 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

I'm seeing the same problem as Doug with the RDS Data View in CFB2.  Also, when I expand my projects I see the .rdsTempFiles directory listed (if it exists in the actual directory, of course).

Andy

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

Answer posted here: http://www.cfchimp.com/wordpress/2012/01/rds-query-viewer-not-working/ as well.

I have had this issue for a while and it finally made me crazy enough to try to figure it out.  It appears that this error occurs when the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist in the .rdsTempFiles folder within your project.

On Mac

1. Open Terminal
    2. Navigate to the directory where your project is located.  For example type: cd /Applications/ColdFusion9/wwwroot/YOURPROJECTFOLDER and hit <enter>
    3. If the ".rdsTempFiles" directory does not exist type: mkdir .rdsTempFiles and hit <enter>
    4. If the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist type: touch ".rdsTempFiles/RDS Query Viewer" and hit <enter>.  BE SURE TO SURROUND THE COMMAND WITH THE DOUBLE QUOTES BECAUSE THE FILE NAME HAS SPACES.
    5. Refresh the "RDS Query Viewer" view.  RDS Query View should work now.

On Windows

1. Open DOS
    2. Navigate to the directory where your project is located.  For example type: cd C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\YOURPROJECTFOLDER and hit <enter>
    3. If the ".rdsTempFiles" directory does not exist type: mkdir .rdsTempFiles and hit <enter>
    4. If the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist type: fsutil file createnew "RDS Query Viewer" 0 and hit <enter>.  BE SURE TO SURROUND THE COMMAND WITH THE DOUBLE QUOTES BECAUSE THE FILE NAME HAS SPACES.
    5. Refresh the "RDS Query Viewer" view.  RDS Query View should work now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points