• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Query Viewer not working

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New install of CFB 2 on Win 7 32bit with CF901.

When right clicking on a database table in RDS Dataview I get an error , I get the error "/MyProject/.rdsTempFiles/RDS Query Viewer  does not exist". The same is happening when trying to open the RDS Query Viewer.

This works correctly in CFB 1.

Any suggestions what is going on? Is it a permissions issue or something similar? The .rdsTempFiles directory is created in the /MyProject folder and shows up in the Navigator.

Thanks

Doug

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RDS error may be caused by having a project with

a name made up of two or more words. For example, "My

Project" causes the problem, but "MyProject" does not.

Could someone else test this?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are aware of this issue. We are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

https://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The RDS Query viewer feature may fail in following cases

1. No projects in Current navigator

2. if .rdsTempFiles folder in any of the project is manually deleted

3. if you dont have permission to create folder inside project folder.

I tried it with clean workspace , added RDS server, created project and then opened the RDS query viewer. It is working fine. Please check once again and let us know if you still hit up with the issue,

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

https://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiran,

I cannot login to the Forums (the login is apparently down) so will answer what I have found.

Running CFB2 on Win 7 32bit. CFB 1 is also installed.

Tried the following: ( CFB 2 ALWAYS started with -clean option )

1. started with no projects at all in Nav. View.

Added New Project called "test List" that was pointed to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testlist" folder - Query Viewer did not work

2. deleted project from Nav View, deleted .project, .settings., settings.xml, .rdsTempFiles from testlist folder.

Added New Project called "test List2" that points to same testlist folder. Query Viewer did not work.

Renamed "test List2" to "testlist". Query Viewer did not work.

3. Deleted project from Nav View, deleted .project, .settings, settings.xml, .rdsTempFIles from testlist folder.

Restartd CFB2. Added New project called "testlist" that points to same testlist folder. QUERY Viewer worked successfully.)))

Renamed testlist project to "Test List". Query Viewer worked.

Restarted CFB2 and repeated 1 and 2. Even re-started CFB2 after adding a new project before trying Query Viewer. Did not work.

Uninstalled CFB2. Reinstalled CFB2. Same results as 1,2,3.

Other interesting info.

In the Error Log when I start CFB2, I always get the following.

Unable to create a template transfer. Com.adobe.rds.core

Three more entries with No message except "No stack trace" - com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.server

This happens even after my reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Doug Smith

dougsmith@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same problem as Doug with the RDS Data View in CFB2.  Also, when I expand my projects I see the .rdsTempFiles directory listed (if it exists in the actual directory, of course).

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answer posted here: http://www.cfchimp.com/wordpress/2012/01/rds-query-viewer-not-working/ as well.

I have had this issue for a while and it finally made me crazy enough to try to figure it out.  It appears that this error occurs when the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist in the .rdsTempFiles folder within your project.

On Mac

1. Open Terminal
  2. Navigate to the directory where your project is located.  For example type: cd /Applications/ColdFusion9/wwwroot/YOURPROJECTFOLDER and hit <enter>
  3. If the ".rdsTempFiles" directory does not exist type: mkdir .rdsTempFiles and hit <enter>
  4. If the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist type: touch ".rdsTempFiles/RDS Query Viewer" and hit <enter>.  BE SURE TO SURROUND THE COMMAND WITH THE DOUBLE QUOTES BECAUSE THE FILE NAME HAS SPACES.
  5. Refresh the "RDS Query Viewer" view.  RDS Query View should work now.

On Windows

1. Open DOS
  2. Navigate to the directory where your project is located.  For example type: cd C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\YOURPROJECTFOLDER and hit <enter>
  3. If the ".rdsTempFiles" directory does not exist type: mkdir .rdsTempFiles and hit <enter>
  4. If the "RDS Query Viewer" file does not exist type: fsutil file createnew "RDS Query Viewer" 0 and hit <enter>.  BE SURE TO SURROUND THE COMMAND WITH THE DOUBLE QUOTES BECAUSE THE FILE NAME HAS SPACES.
  5. Refresh the "RDS Query Viewer" view.  RDS Query View should work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation