• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View in browser doesn't work

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a localhost server on port 8500 for ColdFusion Builder, but when I try to run a simple test of

<cfoutput>#DateFormat(Now)())#
</cfoutput>

and check it in Safari browser, I get a blank page. None of my .cfm pages show up in Builder. What's wrong?

Thanks,

Tedra

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is a bit sketchy, however a few thoughts (might actually start with step 4).

1) make sure your cfm files and project is set up to be under your ColdFusion9 wwwroot.  So, on windows, if your project was called test, the correct folder would be c:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\test, with the .cfm files under that directory.

2) make sure you can bring up the ColdFusion9 administrator panel.  Under Servers, right-click the server you setup, and do "launch ColdFusion Administrator".  Make sure your local server is setup with the right passwords.

3) check your project properties (right click on your project, select properties), and here make sure your project is referencing the server.  From there you should be able to switch from the Source|Firefox|IE tabs (that's what I have on Windows), and something should show up.  Also, when you run the .cfm file in an external browser.

4) Step 1, however, should be verifyable OUTSIDE of CF Builder, with a path something like:

http://localhost:8500/project-directory-name/example.cfm file

Also of course make sure that http://localhost:8500/CFIDE does something.   That should tie it altogether, since when you do a launch/run from CF Builder, you can compare the address it puts in your browser, with the aforementioned addresses.

Let us know what was wrong, so others can use your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your information was very helpful. I could do all the things you stated I should try but still couldn't see cfm pages in my browser or my datasources in the RDS area. I gave up and bought the software and worked my way through some other instructions and videos and am now on my way. I needed to download the update to ColdFusion 9 and the update to ColdFusion Builder; then I needed to open a window for the RDS Dataview, which let me see my datasources and tables. The RDS Fileview was of no help at all. Anyway, I'm glad I bought this software and am looking forward to being more productive using cfcs and orms. Thanks again for your help!

Tedra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tharring

Can you please check that your able to open the same CFM page using safari browser (Not the one inside CFB).

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

https://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can open the page in Safari and Firefox outside of CFB and inside of

it. So things are working fine now. This is howI did it:;

http://localhost:8500/MyProject/index.cfm. Thanks very much.

Tedra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tedra, you're very welcome.   I imagine too you've seen that Adobe recently released a public beta for CFB 2.  (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder2/).   I very recently purchased CFB 1, but very much want code formatting, and so probably will return it in the 30 day return policy and use CFB 2, assuming it is stable enough in its beta release.   I think this may be the second beta release for CFB 2, so hopefully it is pretty stable.

Reto

P.S.  You may enjoy some of the Lynda.com training videos if you haven't watched them already as one training source.   One can buy a $25 (or $35, if want excercise files with it) one month "movie ticket".  i.e. After joining one can immediately cancel, getting a one month "movie pass" to watch training videos as desired.  Adobe of course also has lots of great training material as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice on using lynda.com for training. I've used that site before and

found it very helpful. I'll also look into returning CFB1 or upgrade to

CFB2. Thanks for the info on that.

Best,

Tedra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second lynda.com.  I signed up for the monthly plan (w/code files) a few weeks back.  The first video I watched was ColdFusion Builder Essential Training by Dan Short.  He does a really good job, I highly recommend that video.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation