Skip navigation
Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro 38 posts
Oct 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

33 Essential Features

Mar 8, 2011 2:55 AM

• 1. INNER SHADOW is necessary.

• 2.  FREE DISTORT : It should have center point like path so that we can  select center point to select complete object & can move it point by  point with ARROW keys, & also could be select able any  point/corner/angle & can move that point/corner/angle with Arrow Keys

• 3.  FEATHER BRUSH TOOL : If we have applied FEATHER EFFECT on any path or  object after applying FEATHER EFFECT, use the FEATHER BRUSH TOOL to  lessen the softness of object's/path's any side by pressing ALT KEY and  without ALT KEY it should intensify the softness of the object's/path's any side & also center, Feather Brush Tool's pressure setting should be included in brush preferences.

• 4. ILLUSTRATOR is incomplete without BAR CODE tool/Panel for press/print able graphics.

• 5.LIVE  MESH GROUP, Mesh tool should work like live paint group ( I mean create  all lines with Pen/brush/pencil tools then convert those lines into  Live mesh group that option will be new in CS6 in Object menu under the  live paint group so that people can understand & use mesh easily  & fast for saving time ).

• 6 . PANEL ICONS Should be Attached under or above the tool Bar but not on Right or Left Side only ( like Indeign CS2 ).

• 7.  EFFECT, GRAPHICS STYLE, BRUSH style/type, Object's/Path's width &  Height percent % & SYMBOL option should be included in MAGIC WAND  PANEL under the blending mode & also under the select menu in same's  sub menu.

• 9. Angled Gradient should be included Gradient Panel. & also global Gradient swatch should be made.

• 10. Appearance Panel ( Add New Text & Add New Symbol options should be included in sub menu under the Add New Fill & Add New Stroke ), Text ( fonts ) should be Changeable & effects can be used on text & symbols.

• 11.  Animals, Fruit, Plants & Flowers Clipart in symbols Library should be included in CS6,

& Pockets Dies' Templates also in template folder.

• 12.  SAVE PRESET should be included in new document dialog box.

• 13.   FONT MENU view should be Large with Slider like Photoshop so that we  can save our time more for selection of fonts up & down fast,

also this facility should be in the control bar like photoshop.

• 14. 5 last Effects should be placed in the recent list of applied last effects.

• 15. Dashed Line stroke should be converted into dashed guide line.

• 16. Transparency Mask should be apply able to every fill or stroke of single path's appearance in appearence panel.

• 17.  Update the 3d Effects for Illustrator CS6, Here are my recommendations  or new Ideas. When we apply 3d Extrude on text/compound path it gives  good result but not perfect, for example when we use globe light on the  top 90 degree of O (letter) (O is also compound path) on the  top of O  light reflects but its Top's shadow should be on its own bottom's top  inside of O's which is donut or hole's bottom's top or inside of O's cut  of circle inside which is transparent. perspective shadow is also  necessary its additional option for shadow of Object's. there must be  check box included for applying  shadow & also shadow setting  (preferences) should be Linked with the 3D Object's own shadow, we could  change only its perspective setting so that we could scale/skew the  shadow & also we could apply blur & transparency from one side  to an other side like gradient to its shadow & also we could give  transparency any side of shadow like gradient, these are the preferences  for perspective shadow, Shadow depends the direction of light, therefore I already wrote shadow  setting (preferences) should be Linked with the 3D Object's own shadow,  Reflection option is not necessary it will make it too much heavy  reflection can be made by using FREE DISTORT, also we could open symbol libarary in the map art dilouge & any symbol we could apply.
  • Example of 3D's Shadow.

Example.jpg

for big preview open this pic in new tab    OR 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29l19ty&s=7

• 18.Illustrator  should not show other programs' font, Those fonts can't be usable in  illustrator. just like Inpage professional & Kelk2000/2010 etc, or this option should be in preferences under type, select those fonts  & turn on the check box for don't show these fonts again in fonts  menu list. & if you can include find font menu like Indesign this  will be the best.

• 19. Eye Dropper Tool:- This tool sucks only gradients applied on the object but doesn’t suck  the angle/direction of gradients applied on the object. If we have  converted a text/single character in to the outline, then we have  applied the gradient in different direction/angle, but now we want to  apply same direction/angle and same gradient for other outlined texts,  it applies only gradient of previous outlined text but not its  direction/angle. I hope in the future version it will suck also the  angle/direction.

• updated

to  perserve the angle of gradient with Eyedropper Tool in future version  of InDesign & Illustrator, there must be the check box provided for  fill proportional ( on any path/object/outlined text ) which should be  turn on as default.

• 20. And the direction/angle of the gradient in swatches panel must remain same.

Ai Print.jpg

• 21.  In the Print Dialog  in [ General ] options Do not Scale/Fit to  page/Custom Scale, if you chose any option you will apply that option  for all art boards, but what about those art board on which you don't  want to apply/chose another option, you should create check box for (  All Art Boards ) & for also Marks & Bleed section etc. If any  person want to change the setting of any Art board that person will be  able,

• 22. If we create more Art bords in canvas it shows this messege

Art Bord.jpg

Can not create Artboad out side of the canvase. Please rearrange & try again. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????

Why it shows this messege????

if we had told Illustrator the driection of the Artboards in New Document Dialog Box, check New Document DialogAi New Doc.jpg

Arrange by row/colum, Gird by row/colum,

It should arrange by it self, in Future version.

&

• 23. When I grab Artboard Tool, in Artbord mode, we could be able to use Align panel for to align the artbords

&  Rulers must be starts ( O ) zero from canvase upper left corner in  artboard mode, (a). Align to selection (b). Align to Key Object ( for selected Artbord ) & there must be other option (c). Align (artbord) to canvas, &  Vertical/Horizontal Distribute option must work, we could be able to  make the group of artboards so that we could align select artboards at  the center of canvas.

• 24. Placing Image

Place Ai Prob.jpg

If  we place Image in to Illustrator & that image has created by  Illustrator, during the place it shows the Dialog ( Place PDF ) in this  dialog there is option Crop to Art/Crop/Trim/Bleed/Media, you can choose  any option but you will get only artbord size image, if we choose Art,  it must place whole Art. From the Right side is Original Image with Art  borad, & from Left side same Image is placed, & I have choosen  crop to Art option during place. in future must Illustrator be able to  crop the Art/Crop/Trim/Bleed/Media with their ( crop to options ) different sizes.

• 25.  Width Tool should be able to work with Live Paint in future  Version,  it is the part of liquify section & its name is width Tool   !!!!!!!!!!!

& it works with only stroke/applied brushes on strokes !!!!!!!!!!

Its name should be stroke width Tool.

• 26. Live paint bucket & shape builder should show  Swatches' preview not from left & right only but also from Top &  Bottom,

when press up or down arrows it jumps on groups, it shoud jump on the row by row.

• 27. Keyboard Shortcuts . I have started to work with illustrator in 2008, am using these shortcuts since CS3

for opacity 9 = 90% to 1 = 10%

For next Blend Mode ` ( Tilde ) & for previous Blend Mode ~ ( Shift Tilde )

these keys should be default in future version b/c these are really unuseful, make them useful.!

• 28. Groups &  Groups : if we selects the group of objects in Ai it should shows group  in controle bar & in apperiance pannel, but when we select groups  ungrouped it sould show groups but not group in the control bar & in  apperience pannel!!!

• 29. when Tranparency mask/path is selected its sholud show in control bar also transparency mask/path.

• 30.  also with clipping mask selected, it should show in control bar &  apperiance pannel clipping mask, may be this is group!!!! but we are  selecting clipping mask mask.

• 31. perspective selection tool shuld be able to rotate the object.

• 32.  paste in place is not working proper some times????? & some times  key board shorcuts are not working it happens always since older  versions, I suggets you to improve this problem.

• 33.  Artboard  mode = if you have selected artboard  Tool in artboard mode & also u have many artboards in same  documents, now you want to fit artboard to your art work in same  artboard's art work if you choose that option from controle bar you will  never get that that result that you want to get, you will get your  artboard fit on the whole art work on your document, & even that  artwork is in other artboards. Ai should not do that, in future  version......

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2011 11:39 AM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

hey dude,those are great 33 new features,i really hope adobe takes em into consideration.especially the 3d functions dude!!!i also posted about the

3d function which you might agree wiht it,if u got some time pls see my post.

best regards.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 4:46 AM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Much of this is a very useful features are missing in their daily work.

I keep my fingers crossed.

This is a very good program but I think that the number of features is too high for a long time the possibility intereface Illustrator.

By the way, I'm curious as Adobe becomes aware of the necessary functions in Illustartor?

Or work in a big hurry or malicious creators of new features are already people from another era. (With great respect).

I hold to be buying a new Illustrator because I still am waiting for a change interface and smarter way to use tools. I work in Illustrator since version 5 and still arouses my emotions in my daily work.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2011 3:51 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Yep, awesome list of features.

I hope they don't get buried by being together in 1 post.

#13 is my most recent pain-point.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2011 8:51 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Hi Muhammad I have checked your profile, your features  are really amazing, & 20 features for indesing are also the great features, I use Indesign more than other products & these features are really best for Indesign users, & I really love your feature for the bridge you that have written http://forums.adobe.com/thread/745353 I also don't like bridge cause of that reason, Adobe should think about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2011 9:00 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

If you have any idea about 3D Application, then you should write it an other forum, just like Feature forum where you have posted Adobe Live Calligrapher.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2011 11:24 AM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Adobe should response, you are match less & most creative person in the world, your every idea & Feature is really Great like you. & I really recommend you to come back in same field. I hope Adobe will response you in future..... its you only who can give the best idea for creative programs. & I hink Adobe needs your help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2011 5:27 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

You have written 50 amazing features, & I love your features, I think Adobe is really lucky for that.

Habibi you are right Adobe is really acting on professional policy or has really not creative teams....

now r u working as a Designer anywhere or freelance? & will you write 3D application for Adobe? which would be better than 3D Maya...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2011 2:14 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Hey man you are really matchless, feature no: 52 is really awesome like you. but am 100% sure Adobe will not increase this feature in futures version I think you are wasting your time for Adobe, it will never response you, trust me.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to Muhammad Amjad Khan Abro

Inner shadow is a must! Takes so long to recreate with compund shapes and clipping masks when it should be a dynamic illustrator effect. Being able to stack fills and strokes plus adding effects to the stack make Illustrator the most powerful UI design tool, just missing this one feature. Would love someone from the Illustrator dev team to confirm this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points