Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Thoughts and Prayers for All in Japan

Mar 11, 2011 8:37 AM

All of our thoughts and prayers are for Japan and all residents around the Pacific Rim, as this tragedy plays out over the next several hours.

Hunt

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2011 9:01 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Lots of news reports here (Washington state) about the early warning system and "orderly" evacuations of the Washington & Oregon coasts

My non-technical wife asked why a warning was not issued in Japan, so people could get away before the Tsunami struck... and I had to remind here that since the earthquake was IN Japan, there was simply no time to issue a warning before the waves hit... then she understood

Hopefully, the Japanese will be able to put out the fires quickly, and get on with searching for survivors

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

GODZILLA HELPS

Godzilla has been sighted helping to balance the high power electrical grid of Japan while technicians struggle to contain damage to several atomic reactors !

godzilla.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

perhaps that is true.... some kinda universal balancing act....

as the nice movie stars become monsters ( lohan, sheen, hogan, gibson, etc ) --- the monsters become nice movie stars...

that way we dont get overloaded emotionally with a total lack of nice movie stars ?

anyway, I think you're right...mothra and godzilla and even the once dreaded 3 headed thing are all helping out in Japan.

I think godzilla is just gonna end up swallowing that one reactor that blew up and then burp once...be done with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 9:04 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

yeah, and as the individuals are on their way to switch sides, both their respective groups are waving thier arms and yelling, " NOOOO, DONT DO IT....NOOOOO DONT GO OVER THERE ! "

But, once they have switched sides and made way to new group, all is well, and they are welcomed as one of the group...

then the whispering starts....

" Say, buddy....you know, if you stopped that smoke comin outta your mouth all the time, like as if you just ate a bar-b-q pit, people would see your "nice" face better ! "

or on other side ----

" PSSSST !..... wanna buy a nice samarai sword ? "

" wanna go steal some jewelry ? "

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 11:40 AM   in reply to able123

The great producers of the world such as Speilberg, Cameron and Jackson should team up with Japanese producers and make a "Blockbuster" science fiction film to benefit Japan.  The destruction is already there, just need the monsters.  I would go see it even if it wasn't so great if the proceeds went to benefit the people touched by this disaster.  Do a Godzilla and Mothra vs the Cloverfield monster.  Now those two could do some damage.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 3:09 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

-----------

I hope that the US Pacific Fleet can provide much aid and in time for  many.

-----------

after making some fast movies as per Chuck's suggestion with Japanese monsters for aid ( like rock and roll concerts for the needy ) the US fleet should be able to get some help there quick ( I mean, they ARE boats after all going to an island ) ....even if they want the bases (ports ) for them to go away.

and no doubt the Japanese owners of the local Long Island driving range / restaurant complex wont keep looking at me ( a white guy ) like I have 3 heads when I go there.

oddly enough I grew up in New Hyde Park and the golf thing was built on what used to be a "landfill" ... and I take breaks from whacking golfballs into the nets 3000 yards away by looking at the little salamanders and other creatures near the fence where the old dump borders their golf haven.... some snakes show up too !

maybe they are Korean though...instead of Japanese.. sorta look alike to me

GO US FLEET !

ps. the only reason I can get out to 3000 yards ( really...this is a confession ) ....is by using the frozen snake bazooka woody !

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 3:27 PM   in reply to able123

jap stuff.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 1:21 PM   in reply to able123

when I get my cabin and wheels on train will send to Japan to help move stuff around.

train-cabin-wheels next.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 1:24 PM   in reply to able123

Oh, no. There goes Tokyo.

Go, go Godzilla!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 1:29 PM   in reply to able123

Translating Japanese to something Americans can understand:

Ichi. Ni. Ichi, ni, san shi!

Translation:

Uno. Dos. Uno, dos, tres, quattro!

(Of course, if you've never heard Wooly Bully this will make no sense to you at all).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 1:32 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

> All of our thoughts and prayers are for Japan and all residents around the Pacific Rim

The Japanese are an incredibly resiliant people. Despite the epic scale of these events, I know they'll pull through.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 1:37 PM   in reply to Christopher Duncan

was on a family trip ( summer trip to someplace out west - driving - pop up camper on trailer )..3 kids plus mom-dad.

stopped at some diner and ate...had one of those mini juke box things at table...

played wooly bully.

you shoulda seen mom-dads faces.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 6:50 PM   in reply to able123

Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs.  Song came out when I was about 14 (as in my misleading avatar.) Wooly Bully.

My parents and I would be dancing in the diner, possibly later carted off by the local sheriff.  Sounds like fun!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 5:58 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

godzilla has his hands full in Japan

this news snippet from ny times at 8:49 pm est....on internet ( so who knows how often they update their pages ...dont wanna pay people to actually do that if it can be avoided )....

----------------

There was a fire at the plant on Tuesday, at the same reactor — No. 4 —  and it was not immediately clear if this was the same fire or a new one.  The cause of the fire, or fires, was also unclear, in good part because  it is too dangerous for workers to get near the reactor.

The reports Wednesday came as an official at Japan’s nuclear watchdog  agency, Minoru Ohgoda, said a proposed plan to use helicopters to put  more cold water into a boiling rooftop storage pool for spent uranium  fuel rods at the reactor was looking unlikely. The rods are still  radioactive and potentially as hot and dangerous as the fuel rods inside  the reactors if not kept submerged in water.

--------------------

now correct me if I'm wrong here....but today is Tuesday in NY at 8:50 pm EST ( whoops , sorry ...now its daylight savings time...so make that EDT )....off by an hour in springtime so we can work more hours in daylight ...what a relief !

anyway, if its tuesday and there are fires or no fires and its dangerous and stuff things are melting and " reports Wednesday came as an official...."....ITS THE ISLAND OF THE DAY BEFORE  ( umberto eco !!!! )

SHOOTERNZ.....is in that land of the future !  PLUS, recently had his own earthquack fairly recently I think....  ( hard to tell as my attention span is about equal to a gnat )....

and why do all those videos of normal people in Japan show them wearing surgical masks even when there HASN'T been some horrible calamity ?  Is daily life so full of pollutants that people need to wear surgical maskes just to say hi to each other ?  Something's not right ......

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 2:37 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I was thinking that maybe since mcDonalds and PizzaHUT and all these other really great American International companies with free trade agreements can spread out and offer solace to those in temporary turmoil ( re: water, food, shelter )....that maybe I would REMIND everyone that the basic model for this free interplanetary "trade" stuff ...is based on the pizza pie delivery system ( fed ex, ups, usps, etc. )

pizza.jpg

so basically, no matter what the problem is ....just order a pizza and some soda and you'll be OK, is what Im thinking....trust me, the banks will love you for it !  As G. Bush said.... " go shopping ! "

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2011 6:53 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

The discovery of radiation in milk from mutated 2 headed cow near crippled reactor has prompted a temporary restriction on selling the milk.

cow.jpg

Spinach plants have been seen walking around the area and they are being rounded up for observation and inspection !

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2011 7:27 PM   in reply to able123

I once asked a woman what she was looking for in a man.  She replied "A man with a good head on his shoulders".  That's a good place for it to be. Also two heads are better than one.  So drink the milk and enjoy.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2011 7:41 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

two heads better than one !!!!!

Thingwithtwoheadsposter.jpg

best line in  movie..." slow DOWN YOU MANIAC !  you'll kill us BOTH ! "

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 6:18 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'm originally from Los Angeles California.  We were invited to lunch at a friend's apartment some time back in 1989.  The host was outside for some time, so I went outside to see what was up.  He was talking to a man in his 40's who must have wandered in from the Venice Beach area or something.  He had two heads and was walking around in public with a near exact replica of his real head.  He was wearing a shirt with two neck openings.  He described his problem keeping his prosthetic head steady while walking.  I'm not making this up.  The host invited the man into his home (I didn't think that was such a good idea) and he told us the story related to why he walked around with two heads. Honestly, this is a true story.  I wonder how people in Georgia would react to a guy walking the streets with two heads?  If we could get our world leaders to opt for a prosthetic head (to replace the one they have), we could eliminate a lot of war and suffering in the world.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 12:22 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

-----------

"In New York, we never look at anyone on the street, no matter how much  of an oddity they are

-----------

hmm, that explains why, with no eye contact happening, so many of these guys are running around the city aimlessly...

un-alien.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 1:02 PM   in reply to able123

more characters not to make eye contact with.....arthur....in nyc....

my curiousity finally got to me and I found this bit of text called ( im not kidding ) a "synopsis".

--------

Synopsis

Bespectacled aardvark Arthur Read demonstrates to kids how to deal with such childhood traumas and challenges as homework, teachers and bullies. He also has to contend with his sisters

22arthur.jpg

makes you wonder what the sisters might be like

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 1:39 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

yep, is a bit strange...the "leader" concept....and the call for "democracy" ....cure all of the day.

not to get maudlin, and on a rant....but most running for office lately have been decrying "the broken govt" idea....so they get elected to the broken govt ( apparently to fix it ) but now they are part of the govt...promptly adjusting to the celebration of getting elected.

the protesters getting shot over there....somehow ignoring the ohio state murders by natl guard ?

omg , lets free the world to be as fair and just as our federal troops and northern govt ( union ) installed in texas and the south after 1865....   not too much corruption here compared to THERE.  gee...seems not too long ago we got votes for women, blacks, equal rights and so on.....right to own property, whatever....  lets make those idiots over there love the protesters !  like we do.

its almost overwhelming to me, this desire for leadership, and moral decency and education ( wisdom ) that leadership needs....which is always the case for every generation....

hence, my screenplay, " robodog , alien space dog saving planet earth "......more to come later !

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 1:46 PM   in reply to able123

What I know now that I didn't know in my hippie youth: the world is very, very complicated.

But you get my vote for alien space dogs saving the world!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:32 PM   in reply to able123

They landed on my roof. One bright green one bellowed; "Take me to your ladder, I'll meet your leader later" 

I sincerely apologize for that, couldn't resist.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:41 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

chuck, that is so country !

reminds me of ( forgive me for this ) the 60's.....when , you know, some people ( not me...I never inhaled ) smoked pot....

and then you would find some cops coming up and saying....( this has female friend undertones ) .....

" THIS IS A BUST, YOU'RE UNDER A BREAST "

well, thats a bit weak I admit...the play on words....had to be there maybe ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to Christopher Duncan

-----------------

But you get my vote for alien space dogs saving the world!

------------------

first draft unfinished ( yes, unfinished cause I finally figured out the crisis and resolution and dont have time to waste writing stuff thats already done in my head ! )....story is available.... must be converted to shooting script also....this means roughly 6 months of your life at the keyboard while you "imagine " stuff on screen and drool a lot ....or act heathen at times ...all that fun creative stuff....( and dont eat for days )

let me know if you want it

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:51 PM   in reply to able123

> ....this means roughly 6 months of your life at the keyboard while you "imagine " stuff on screen and drool a lot

I wrote season 1 of Bad Programmer (145 pages) in two days over the Christmas holidays. Of course, cognac was involved so I'm sure there was some drooling.

> let me know if you want it

Right now I'm just dreaming of the day when I have all the footage in the can for season 1 and can get into post! We're shooting through April, doing it nights and weekends naturally takes longer.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:53 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

chuck,

-------------

"Take me to your ladder, I'll meet your leader later"

-------------

hehe...im still laughing !

ps...with alliteration !

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:54 PM   in reply to Chuck A. McIntyre

> They landed on my roof. One bright green one bellowed; "Take me to your ladder, I'll meet your leader later"

Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Too many hours cooped up in that spaceship, I'll warrant.

By the way, it occurs to me I've never invited you over for any of the shooting while we're in production for the series. Anytime you & the missus want to drive up to the Provinces, just let me know. There's all the typical chaos, but we have a nice group of people.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)