Skip navigation
malw
Currently Being Moderated

QuickTagEditor application error....

Jun 26, 2006 10:59 AM

Hi! I've recently installed Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8, and have started having QuickTagEditor errors. See copy of last error below:

QuickTagEditor Dropdown: Dreamweaver.exe Application Error.
"The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program"

This has happened several times in the last few days and I'm at a loss as to what the cause is. Sometimes Fireworks was open as well, and sometimes I was previewing in both IE 6 and Firefox 1.5. The last time, I was changing the site in the Files panel and it just shut down on me with the above error message, losing changes in the process. I'm now saving after every little change and it's becoming a real pain, as I'm in the process of updating an entire web site using CSS. Can anyone help with this? Does anyone else experience the same problems?

I see from the forums that there were a couple of topics last year regarding this problem in MX2004, but they weren't addressed and there seems to have been nothing since then. Please help if you can, many thanks!!

Mal

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2006 7:12 AM   in reply to malw
    Cannot help with the problem, but you're not alone.

I am having this annoying problem.
    There is no certain way to reproduce it. It happens when I am copying/cutting/pasting something, when saving the document, when clicked the "refresh" button on properties bar etc...

I hope Adobe Dreamweaver team will come up with a solution.
    AFAIK, This is a problem since DW2004.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2006 7:16 AM   in reply to malw

"malw" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:e7p79t$t6q$1@forums.macromedia.com...
    > Hi! I've recently installed Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8, and have
    > started
    > having QuickTagEditor errors. See copy of last error below:
    >
    > QuickTagEditor Dropdown: Dreamweaver.exe Application Error.
    > "The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The
    > memory
    > could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program"

As far as I know, it is a known problem. I get it all the time in DW 8. Save
    your work often.

Tom Muck

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2006 7:04 AM   in reply to malw

Damn! this is getting very annoying.
    My work is like 3 steps forward, and 1 step back...

If they cannot find any solution to this, they have to put some sort of "auto-save" option....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 11:02 AM   in reply to malw

3 steps forward and 2 steps back sums it up.  I don't think Adobe will ever address this crashing problem.  The only solution i can figure out is to:

1. Rename your Configuration directory, (probably in something like: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US) to something like Configuration_old just to be safe.

2. Start DW; it will create and populate a new configuration directory.

3. Alter any settings that make the app present itself as you want it.

4. Exit DW and make a copy of the new Configuration directory as some thing like Configuration_good.

Now every time DW starts crashing, wipe out Configuration and copy the Configuration_good to Configuration.

Every few weeks DW (CS4) starts crashing on me like kids in a bumper-car ride.  I have a script that does the above and then DW runs fairly stably for a few more weeks.

Cheers,

Brits

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points