Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not appearing in project manager

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

in RH8 we have a project for commonly used images.

Some of these images disappeared frome the project manager tree, while the files still are on the disk, These images are used by several topics in the project (and actually, they display correctly in the topic body). They do not appear neither in "used files" or "unused files" reports!

Now, we cannot easily insert these images into new topics. What can be done to resolve this issue?

(RH 8.0.2 on WinXP)

thanks in advance,

RoboSolar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboSolar

Are you using previous version projects? Could you please confirm if the name of images contains any special characters in between? If yes try to rename them removing those special characters and see if images are appearing in the project files.

Regards

Robo_Cap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robo_Cap,

filenames do not contain special characters. Some examples:

- freccia_avanti.jpg

- freccia_indietro.gif

Further investigation: these files are reported under "Used files" report but do not appear under "Images" report.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Are you using project from previous versions or you are loading files from RoboSource Control 3.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the project was created directly in RH8 (and before now everything was just fine).

We started using RoboSource Control 3.1, but after we switched to SVN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try creating a new folder? We found a problem in RH7 where deleting the cpd file would cause some images to vanish from the images folder. Creating or modifying a folder causes the list of images to rebuild (well, I think all files, but I only noticed images vanishing). It didn't appear to be fixed in RH8 when I tried a project in that version.

However, it's not really an appropriate workaround when using source control...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the folder made the images re-appear.

So this is a RH bug. Hope Adobe will fix as soon as possible.

Thanks Amebr for your precious help!

RoboSolar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, renaming the containing folder is not always a viable workaround.

Sometimes it simply doesn't work. And sometimes you cannot apply it (eg. when the problem affects the root folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found that changing a folder anywhere in the project 're-found' the images in the actual image folders we used. If this isn't happening for you I have no other suggestions I'm afraid. Please report it to Adobe as a bug, as the more reports the more likely it is to get fixed. I think there is a sticky topic back up in the Robohelp Support level of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just worked for me, but I cannot help thinking it is an ugly solution, as you have to individually delete all of the images from the original location.

I wondered if I could do anything with the CPD in Access, but with a project containing hundreds of images, trying to enter the missing ones manually is hazardous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just tossing out a possible workaround. I'll leave it up to you to decide how well it may or may not work.

What if you created a folder named images or maybe graphics. Then create one or more topics that only serve to present the images in the project. Then if you wanted a specific image, you would open the topic(s) containing the image and copy it from there.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that just adding a new dummy folder under "images" updates all the names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp