• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installed correctly but getting error messages

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2011 Mar 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the installation instructions and the program seems to be installed correctly but on some webpages I get error messages on popups.  At first I thought it might just be the website, but they pop up on other sites as well.  I grabbed a screen cap but I don't see that I can attach files herewith.

The error messages all says:

"SecurityError Error #2047: Security sandbox violation parent" (then an URL)

Some messages go on and list "display" and "managers" errors.

I have uninstalled and installed Flash Player at least a dozen times.  It's getting frustrating because I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.  I've tried to find answers on the Forum and in the Help/Support sections but most of that information is just going over my head - I am not a techie.

I'm using IE9 and my OS is Windows 7

Can someone advise me in layman's terms how I can fix this?  Or should I even fret about?  It's annoying but I can get the videos to work.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure what that error means without researching it.

Hi, We need to make sure that Flash Player has been Installed correctly.

Using IE, go to this test site and can you see the Flash Player logo animate(spin) What version of Flash Player is being Displayed? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and under "Show"(very light text) look in All addons or Run without Permission.

Is Shockwave Flash Object Installed and make sure it's Enabled.

Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed. If you have a 64bit OS, then use sysWOW64, in place of System32.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from eidnolb:
1. Mar 20, 2011 6:44 PM  in response to: Mewzical

"Re: installed correctly but getting error messages

Using IE, go to this test site and can you see the Flash Player logo animate(spin) What version of Flash Player is being Displayed? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ "

ANSWER:  Version 10,2,152,32

"Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and under "Show"(very light text) look in All addons or Run without Permission.

Is Shockwave Flash Object Installed and make sure it's Enabled."

ANSWER:  YES and YES

"Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed.

If you have a 64bit OS, then use sysWOW64, in place of System32."

ANSWER:

Under System32:
Flash64_10_3_162.ocx
FlashInstall

Under SysWOW64:
Flash10n.ocx
FlashInstall
FlashUtil10n_ActiveX.dll
FlashUtil10n_ActiveX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you. Your Flash files are correct in the SysWOW64 location and that is where they should be. You should not have any files in the System32 location.

Go to that location and right click on that one file in the System32 location and remove/delete it. Then reboot(restart) your computer.

See if this solves the problem. Always use your 32bit browser, even tho you have a 64bit OS.

Let me know,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Three questions:

1.  I see two files under my System32 folder -- do I delete them both?

2.  And why did the program install itself into both System folders?  It never asked me to make a selection; it just did this itself.

3.  Why should we use a 32-bit on a 64-bit OS?  I will indeed do so but am just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, In the System32, yes 2, counting the install.log 

I don't know exactly why there were any files in the System32 location, other than Adobe does have a beta 10.3. That appears what that is.

Your other question on the 32bit/64bit I have to get the info that I put in a folder.

Can you look at that Flash file in the System32 folder again. That number isn't clear to me. What is that number?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In answer to your question:

"Can you look at that Flash file in the System32 folder again. That number isn't clear to me. What is that number?"

The file is:  Flash64_10_3_162.ocx

As per your previous instructions, I am going to delete the install log file and the above ocx file and will reboot.

I will report back what transpires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per your instructions, I removed the install.txt file and the ocx file that

I listed in my previous post.

My problem now is that I am unable to view the video at this particular

website:  http://www.wildearth.tv/safari  because it states that I do not

have the most current Flash Player installed.

I am so confused.  I was under the impression that the files installed

under my sysWOW64 folder were indeed the most current Flash Player

files.  But when I go to download and install whatever program that I

might reach via the link on that "safari" website, I end up back where I

was which prompted my original post a few days ago.

I really would like to be able to view this website.  But I don't want to

be going through all this hassle again.  Why is this particular website

not recognizing that I indeed have the most current Flash Player installed?

Please advise and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I need to post this additional problem -- I am unable to access any of the flash player videos on any

website now.

I hope you can get back to me soon because I'm at a total standstill now.  These websites are simply not

recognizing whatever version of Flash Player I might have installed.  And yet you indicated previously that

I have the correct one installed.

I am so confused and frustrated.  I'm hesitatant to just go hit the link provided on the "safari" website to

"install" the Flash Player that they will recognized because I might end up where I was before.  And yet

I really need to be able to get the information provided by these various video/flash player feeds.

Hopeful you can get back to me soon.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update -- I could not wait for a reply because I have work to do and needed access to some of these websites.  So what I did was I went over to Adobe using the like that was provided on the "safari" website (see previous post).  Everything automatically downloaded (including the Google stuff) and installed (except I was given the option NOT to install/enable the Google addon -- I have to do so because it interferes with another program I used).  I then restarted my PC and bingo -- I can now access the videos I need and there are no files in my System32/Macromed/Flash folder.

AND more importantly, I no longer get the error pop up messages that I previously was getting which prompted my original post.

I truly appreciate all your help.  I assisted me in trouble-shooting this most recent installation.

I'm going to mark my questions as "ANSWERED"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, It appears the Adobe Forums were all down. I could not login nor send any messages! I read your messages via the email notifications, but that's all.

I'm glad you were able to get the issue taken care of. That was where I was going after clearing the System32 files.

Just a bit of info. Win7 had a SP1 come out recently and the ActiveX Filtering is a new feature. It is also part of the IE9 shipped version that came out 3/14/11.

IE9 Features are here and you may want to review them:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features

Thanks for marking your thread as answered, although we were interrupted:-)

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines