Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Forums HORRIBLE March 14 2011

Mar 14, 2011 9:29 AM

Started 9AM West Coast USA - several "false" logouts
I had a message all ready to go, and between composing and clicking post... I was logged out
I have been a member of the Adobe forums since Premiere 6x days, to learn and help when I can
Now, due to either a lack of resources provided by Adobe... or the Jive software... the forums are part of the problem, instead of being the solution
It is really frustrating to take 30+ seconds to get to a forum, or a message inside a forum... and then find out I have been logged out when the screen finally opens
This problem has been here for several weeks, off and on, and it seems nobody is able to fix this problem... not a good public face for Adobe

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2011 9:57 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Ditto.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 10:06 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

today is especially bad.

Took minutes to load page, and 3 times to try to login.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 10:50 AM   in reply to charles badland

Might be a denial of service attack. Extraordinary amount of new accounts and spam being generated this morning.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Mar 14, 2011 1:23 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

adobe-admin wrote on 11/03/14 18:50:

Might be a denial of service attack. Extraordinary amount of new accounts and spam being generated this morning.

Unlikely: a DoS kind of defeats the idea that spam will be read.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 2:32 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

adobe-admin wrote:

Is Adobe the only blue chip company to have this problem?  I haven't seen M$, Google, Yahoo, or even Oracle to have this problem.  Is adobe doing something about this?  How about hiring an outside consultant to have a look at the security issues.  Is our personal details safe with Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 2:36 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I am REALLY sick and tired of waiting and waiting for pages to load.  NO web site I frequent is as slow as the Adobe user forums.

Why must this be so?

Why hasn't the problem been addressed?

Why are so few of the requests that were made been implemented since they were solicited years ago?

and

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to Bob_Peters
    function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Bob_Peters wrote:

I am REALLY sick and tired of waiting and waiting for pages to load.  NO web site I frequent is as slow as the Adobe user forums.

Why must this be so?

Why are so few of the requests that were made been implemented since they were solicited years ago?

and

Hey Bob,

Are you really desperate to post something on these forums?  What do you want to post about?  Is there a specific problem you want to be dealt with (apart from these forums blown up in Asian Earthquake).  Surely, you can wait until tomorrow or try going to some other sites like Microsoft or Yahoo who all have forums to pass time!!!

I am not sick at all.  I am just amused that Adobe can't resolve this simple problem and yet it expects us to buy its products to solve our own problems!!

Mind boggles!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Mar 14, 2011 3:04 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

DWILCOX01 wrote on 11/03/14 22:32:

Is Adobe the only blue chip company to have this problem?  I haven't seen M$, Google, Yahoo, or even Oracle to have this problem.

Please be specific about what you mean with "this problem" and quite

likely I can give you examples of those companies having had "this problem".

Is adobe doing something about this?  How about hiring an outside consultant to have a look at the security issues.

Please be specific, what security issues are you referring to?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 3:22 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Why must this be so?

and

Hey Bob,

Are you really desperate to post something on these forums?  What do you want to post about?  Is there a specific problem you want to be dealt with (apart from these forums blown up in Asian Earthquake).  Surely, you can wait until tomorrow or try going to some other sites like Microsoft or Yahoo who all have forums to pass time!!!

I am not sick at all.  I am just amused that Adobe can't resolve this simple problem and yet it expects us to buy its products to solve our own problems!!

Mind boggles!!

Don't be insulting by suggesting that  I am "really desperate to post something on these forums."  I have made plenty of posts on the Lightroom forum and will continue to do so when appropriate.  However, this forum is the place to make comments on the Adobe forums so here I am.

Furthermore, my post has nothing to do with wanting to post here or anywhere else.  And certainly nothing to do with the tragedy in Japan.  I fail to understand why you would even mention that.

Many, many suggestions/requests were made by users when the latest incarnation of the Adobe user forums was being presented.  Very few of those requests have resulted in changes, which is probably due to Jive Software being in control.  I haven't seen much evidence to indicate that Adobe is any significant control.

So please excuse me if I ruffled your feathers.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 4:00 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

Seems to be very safe. No one can get in to get it.

The attack was 6,000+ spam messages being posted in a short amount of time that overwhelmed the servers.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 9:43 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

adobe-admin wrote:

Seems to be very safe. No one can get in to get it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to shunithD

still 15-20 seconds per page load, March 15.

(and a just had a false logout when posting this)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 9:05 AM   in reply to John T Smith

They're trying, but the spammers are using multiple IP addresses...

Harbs

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 9:13 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Sure, we can (and have) blocked an IP. But a few minutes later they're using another. The block is done at Jive at the server level. Can't give much more detail about the blocks at this point, we're still chasing them down.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 2:59 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

The attack was 6,000+ spam messages being posted in a short amount of time that overwhelmed the servers.

They are better and more patient, than I am. After ~ 20 mins. to read, and reply to three messages - I just gave up - as outlined in this THREAD. Just to post that took 4 log-ins, with intermittent 404's.

I'll check back tomorrow, or Thursday.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 8:23 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hi Bill and the others,

It appears the same thing is happening again today. I've been logged off about 4-5 times, managed to get one message to go thru.

When I tried to login to the thread itself, then I was re-directed to the Adobe Forums site and then needed to start all over again. Even from my email notifications or from the Adobe.com site/Help/Forums. Same thing.

Ever since Monday, the only thing that worked "most" of the time was the PM. I used it several times for pending threads that were left hanging.

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 10:53 AM   in reply to eidnolb

Look, you guys have to accept that Adobe has run out of ideas and telling us that it has received nearly 6,000 spam messages is just a smokescreen.  There are all the signs that it has a major problem with its infrastructure because you don't need a PhD to control 6,000 spam messages.

The sooner they move away from Jives the better it would be for its core business to make and support its products.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 5:31 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

You know, since I've been doing this, Adobe-Admin has always shot straight, even when it might not have adhered to the "party line."

I'd be inclined to believe what has been posted. Now, that does not mean that a "trusted source" cannot be wrong, but over the years, one learns whom they can trust - in most cases. If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 7:25 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

in most cases. If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

a'yup.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 7:51 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks! The overrun of spam did slow things down Sun/Monday. But now I'm seeing some search index issues. Don't think they are related, but Jive is checking it out. I guess the index issues could also come from getting so many new messages in a short amount of time.

Whatever it is, it is very frustrating. I had hair when I started the job.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 3:36 AM   in reply to John T Smith
    If Adobe-Admin says something, I trust that to be what he believes.

And I trust John to be right.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 5:30 AM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Jacob Bugge wrote:

And I trust John to be right.

Many years of interacting with John make me confident

that he won't lie to us.  Just as he'll never be impolite in his messages to anyone. And I am very happy to see that he is back facing and explaining some of the problems, even at the risk of ending bald. This is a small window of hope.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 8:56 AM   in reply to John T Smith

I am experiencing right now delays of more than 30 seconds

when loading pages or posting messages, although times are randomly irregular.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 11:24 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Hello all, If my name isn't showing, I click on the "login"(top left), hit enter. This logs me in and my name shows. This has been working whether it is the Flash Forum site or a thread.

As for messages that won't post to the thread, I have been just copying and pasting my message before trying to "Post message" to notepad first. That way I can try again and it usually goes thru.

It may depend on what Server is being used, but that's been working for me today. I do know that from about 5PM EDT to after midnight, the Flash Player Forum is cooking on all burners:-)

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 11:42 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

the_wine_snob wrote:

What about the 'she's?

There used to be a very helpful lady around... i don't want to take names but i hope she's still with Adobe Forums...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 3:09 PM   in reply to eidnolb

The problem is dealing with 6,000 spam messages.  Apparently it is taking Adobe

longer than necessary because they are trying to do a through job!!!!

It may take another week before all 6,000 messages have been sorted out!  Now this called 21st century technology!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 3:12 PM   in reply to shunithD

shunithD wrote:

the_wine_snob wrote:

What about the 'she's?

There used to be a very helpful lady around... i don't want to take names but i hope she's still with Adobe Forums...

Perhaps there is no "she" involved in this matter.  It is all "he" and that is why we have a problem!

Do you know many ladies in IT dealing with spam messages?  Adobe received 6,000 spam messages and they are still working on them!!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 5:15 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk
    Do you know many ladies in IT dealing with spam messages?

why, yes. yes i do.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 9:13 AM   in reply to dave milbut

dave milbut wrote:

why, yes. yes i do.

But can they handle 6,000 spam messages?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 10:12 AM   in reply to shunithD

What about the 'she's?

Could be. With the androgenous names nowadays, one can never be sure. Still, I do not recall many (any?) ladies, who are named "John." Still, who knows?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 11:28 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

the_wine_snob wrote:

Could be. With the androgenous names nowadays, one can never be sure. Still, I do not recall many (any?) ladies, who are named "John." Still, who knows?

She was forum side, helping / working with John C. Posted fairly often after the change, was very helpful, and now one doesn't see her....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2011 11:30 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

DWILCOX01 wrote:

But can they handle 6,000 spam messages?

Mmmm... you obviously don't know women very well...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2011 7:01 AM   in reply to John T Smith

There was an outage here starting at least 18 hours ago and lasting till half an hour ago (I gave up yesterday, 15 hours ago and started trying to get access in vain 5 hours ago, bobviously, things may have been working inbetween).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2011 3:03 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Jacob, now it is my turn to say that I haven't noticed anything unusual

in the last 18 hours... True, I haven't been all these 18 hours trying to connect to the forums, but I have visited them at least 6 times.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2011 9:54 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Hi all, Just an update from the Flash Player Forum. Yesterday (3/18/11) most everything worked great. Was only logged off once or twice and I was on about 12 hours.

Today, didn't have any problems at all and was on about the same length of time. (3/19/11)

Threads/posting messages/PM feature/Site Searches/email notifications all worked fine today!!

So progress certainly has been made and thanks to all of those that are making it possible!!!

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points