Skip navigation
Michael.Imhoff
Currently Being Moderated

Input parameter types

Mar 17, 2011 2:50 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm curious if there is a way to get around having to specify the full package for the input type such as <input-parameter name="departmentCd" required="true" type="String"> instead of <input-parameter name="departmentCd" required="true" type="java.lang.String">.  It's convenient to use the gui to add a service, but I find myself manually updating each of these types.  I also found that if I specify public void someMethod(java.lang.String foo) it automatically pulls it in, but that's obviously not ideal.

Appreciate your feedback,

Michael

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2011 2:08 AM   in reply to Michael.Imhoff

Hey Michel,

I reproduced your senario on my side and found it is rational to make an improvement on the Component Development Tool to resolve the trouble you encounter.

The change taken on the tool is that when selecting java.lang.string as an input/output parameter of an operation, the generated function Java class would be String someMethod(String foo) instead of java.lang.String someMethod(java.lang.String foo).

The update will come up in next release.

Thank you again for using our product and sharing your experience with us. The product would be better by your valuable advice.

Rex

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2011 1:12 AM   in reply to Michael.Imhoff

Hi Michael,

Untill now, there is no plan for us to develop the feature of generating component with custom data type automatically, so this feature will not come up in next release. As a result, you need to do coding manually to add a custom data type as input/output.

However, your requirement is very valuable for us to design enhancement feature for this tool in further release.

Thank you again,

Rex

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points