Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I embed video into pdf?

Mar 20, 2011 12:30 PM

Hi guys,

I would like to know how I can either embed video into pdf, or embed video into a powerpoint presentation and then embed the powerpoint presentation into a pdf.

I would like for my end user to be able to download the pdf and view the embedded videos offline.  Can this be done?..... and can my readers view everything with only acrobat reader or adobe reader?

Can this be done for epub, google, ad other ebook formats?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2011 6:43 PM   in reply to tarajenay

There is a flash tool and a video tool in Acrobat X. It will embed flash and other video formats into the pdf file.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2011 8:43 PM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

Acrobat X?

What about Acrobat 9 Pro Extended?

Geez...I'm getting tired of buying new versions of Adobe products.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2011 10:16 AM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

I have the exact same question regarding embedding video. I have actually already done this using Adobe Acrobat X. I used the multimedia tool to bring in a couple videos I converted to .flv, and after exporting to .pdf, I was able to read them on my computer in Adobe Reader. HOWEVER, the video DOES NOT show up in Adobe Digital Editions, or on my Android 2.2 using the Adobe Reader app, or on my iPad using the most recent ibooks app that supports pdf.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there some specific guidance somewhere in terms of how to do this properly so it plays on all devices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Siavoche

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2011 12:26 AM   in reply to Magicsia

WIthout wishing to sound too negative, nothing much about Acrobat is solid. It's one of the most frustrating tools I have ever used. But things usually can be done with it. (I have just spent the last three months every day all day with the app.) I don't know if it's buggy, but sometimes the weirdest things happen when cutting and pasting or importing. As you probably know, cutting a piece of text and pasting into the same .pdf produces reams of garbage. You have to extract the page first! At least that's a workaround for me. It even switched graphics the other day from one pdf to another after I cut the image without me having to actually paste! Go figure! Is it a memory share problem or something? If so, I would make certain that when you work on a file, you don't have other files open if at all possible. That's my first suggestion.

Another suggestion for you, try letting Acrobat create the .flv instead of creating the .flv before you import. Use the mulltimedia Video tool to import the mpeg file or whatever. You have lots of import options and settings to choose from.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 9:02 PM   in reply to tapeck

How to that? Any tutorial video you could suggest?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2011 3:13 AM   in reply to tapeck

Hi I'm having the same problem, I would like to embed the Infidelity videos I created on my ebooks. Is there a video tutorial you know for

this? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2011 2:59 AM   in reply to tapeck

Thank you very much!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2011 3:43 PM   in reply to tarajenay

I'm so happy you asked the question because I needed help with this as well. Excellent!!

San Jose Roofing

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to tapeck

Unfortunately, the link tapeck posted no longer works.

I found a very detailed guide and video tips on how to embed video to PDF

http://www.techisky.com/how-to/embed-video-mkv-mp4-wmv-avi-avchd-to-ac robat-pdf.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to emilybr

This posting doesn't relate to the use of Digital Editions to read and

manipulate ebooks.  I think you meant to post it to the Reader forum, where

they discuss working with PDF's....

=================

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...