• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 2.6 SDK : APKPackager.setDebugHost Error

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problem at all launching my Android AIR app on my Samsung Vibrant phone.

However, I just downloaded installed the new AIR 2.6 SDK, updated my application descriptor to 2.6 and can test without issue on the desktop; however, attempting to either Run or Debug on my phone avails the following error:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching Rhuz - Mobile".

com.adobe.air.apk.APKPackager.setDebugHost(Ljava/lang/String;)V

If I switch my compiler settings back to 2.5 and revert the descriptor, I can still test on desktop and phone.  The issue only appears with the 2.6 SDK.

Google is no help at all, so I'm giving it a shot here.  I'm running Flash Builder Burrito on Win 7 x64.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

FB 4.0.1 does not support mobile application development. If you would like to build AIR applications for Android platform, FB Burrito Preview Release is pretty much the only option until the final product, which supports AIR SDK 2.6, gets released.

Another option is to build your application using Burrito and package output swf and assets with AIR SDK 2.6 command line tools.

-Sedat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. On OS X 10.6.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thanks for the report.  I'll look into this and get back to you asap.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same problem on:

- Win Vista,

- AIR 2.6

- FB Burrito

- Motorola Droid

regards

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those interested in using 2.6 with Flash Builder 4, please check out Christian Cantrell's blog where he describes a compiler argument that can be added to your project that will allow you to work around the problem:

How to Use AIR 2.6 with Flash Builder 4

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drekfeddon

Thank you for reporting your issue. I am a QA in AIR Android team and would like to investigate your issue further but I will need your help.  Could you provide us your zipped source code and your Android AIR application?

Regards,

Hiroko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hiroko,

Sure, where should I send the .zip file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like, you can email them to ccampbel@adobe.com and I'll forward them along to Hiroko.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Builder Burrito (Preview release) does not support AIR SDK 2.6 because some APIs have changed in the AIR SDK 2.6 and Flash Builder Burrito does not aware of those changes. Therefore, what you are seeing is an expected behavior.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Sedat Akkus

Computer Scientist, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Just so I'm clear here: should I then simply ditch Burrito altogether and instead use FB4.01 for my AIR/Android app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FB 4.0.1 does not support mobile application development. If you would like to build AIR applications for Android platform, FB Burrito Preview Release is pretty much the only option until the final product, which supports AIR SDK 2.6, gets released.

Another option is to build your application using Burrito and package output swf and assets with AIR SDK 2.6 command line tools.

-Sedat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a same problem, too.

On Mac OS X 10.6.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines