• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player and facebook not working...

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  My computer was having all kinds of problems, so I took it in to get it fixed.  I got it back home and had to re-download all Adobe products.  I get onto Facebook and it tells me over and over again to download the latest version of Flash Player.  No matter what, it still doesn't work.  Anybody got any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have any idea what was fixed, so can't address that. You need to furnish your Operating System info/32bit OS or 64bit OS. Browser(s) used and versions are needed also.  However due to Facebook/games a site that appears to pick up Viruses/Malware, you need to do the following:

Go to this thread and follow these instructions: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/782435?tstart=0

open the registry editor: Start | Run | type regedit.exe
navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
if that key does not exist, then the "kill-bit" for Flash Player is not set
if it contains a DWORD entry with the name Compatibility Flags that has any value other than 0x00000000, then the "kill-bit" for Flash Player may be set

Read this carefully.

If you do find that the Kill-bit is set, use the zipfile method at the bottom of Post#4

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the kill-bit is there.  Where is post #4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. Post#4 is in that same thread, just page down a little and you'll see it. Or: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3434922#3434922

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I restart the computer?  It didn't work, otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, You have to follow the instructions for the removal of the Kill-bit because it does work. Read it over again to make sure you are doing it correctly.

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines