• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggregator exe display issue

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 5. I created an exe from Adobe aggregator with full screen option checked. The TOC does not display the topic text completely and part of the slides are not visible as the screen is not enough to display the entire slide. Do I need to change some display settings or aspect ratio so that the running slides are visible completely?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Airprint,

Welcome to the community!  Would it be possible to post a screen shot so we can get a better idea of what you're seeing?

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for your reply.

Aggregator_problem.jpg

In the above screenshot the TOC is getting sliced on the left end and part of application slide on the right end. However when I save it in HTML format I can scroll vertically and sideways to view the complete screen because of the address bar and other menu bars which is not a problem. In the actual application I do not have to scroll anywhere and that's why I thought of creating the full screen exe. Please advise if changing some settings can resolve the issue. Also to close the application I have to press Alt+F4. Is there a simpler way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered setting the TOC option to Overlay?  This would mean the users had to slide the TOC out when they wanted to jump to another topic or lesson, but it takes up a lot less real estate on screen.

Why are you going for Full Screen mode?  This is usually only useful if you're trying to prevent or make it more difficult for users to exit out of the presentation.  Any resizing of Captivate captures also tends to deteriorate the crispness of on screen text.  So your captures will always look sharpest when displayed at exactly 100%.  Full screen percentage could be anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this TOC has been created in Aggregator Project and here I do not find the Overlay option that is there in normal project. I have created seperate swf files which I am combining in Aggregator and as we add each swf file the TOC is generated automatically. I have tried publishing without the fullscreen option and still the issue remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is fixed in CP5 patch. Can you please try installing patch for CP5 and then try it?

Following are the suitable links for more details :

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/881/cpsid_88142.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/12/patch-for-adobe-captivate-5-is-now-available.html

Regards

Chinmay Baid

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The patch installed successfully and the version is updated to 5.0.1.624 but the issue is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources