• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cairngorm 3 Popups in Modules problem

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried playing around witht the 'PopupTest' application provided in the /C3/trunk/Libraries/PopupTest/

and have found 2 issues:

Issue 1:

Caiorngorm 3 Popups (either PopupWrapper or PopupFactory) gives me an error when used inside a Module.

I am using Flex 4 with the following libraries:

"parsley-flex4-2.3.1.swc"

"spicelib-flex-2.3.1.swc"

"popup-1.7.swc"

And here is the error:

Main Thread (Suspended: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.)

mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl/addPopUp

mx.managers::PopUpManager$/addPopUp

com.adobe.cairngorm.popup::PopUpBase/openPopUp

com.adobe.cairngorm.popup::PopUpBase/set open

ModulePopups/___ModulePopups_Button1_click

Which occurs in here: PopUpManagerImpl.as at line 434: awm.activate(IFocusManagerContainer(window));

Issue 2:

Also the behaviours illustrated in the original 'PopupTest' application seem to have an issue with some missing behaviours from the com.adobe.cairngorm.popup.behavior.mx  for <mx1:ZoomAndFadeBehavior/>

I have attached a simpler version of the application and replicated the 2 issues here.

Please have a look and let me know of any solutions,

Thanks,

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for reporting the issue and taking the time to create a sample project. We'll have a look at your issue and will get back to you soon.

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicolas,

Do we have jira tickets for those 2 ?

What are they ?

Thanks,

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nicolas, looking forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does indeed fail when the PopUpWrapper is not linked in the main application, It might be an issue with the ModuleFactory or the ApplicationDomain. I'll have a second look tonight but in the meantime, forcing the linkage of the PopUpWrapper in the main app is a workaround :

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import com.adobe.cairngorm.popup.PopUpWrapper;

PopUpWrapper;

]]>

<mx:Box

width="100%" height="100%"

>

<mx:ModuleLoader url="ModulePopups.swf"/>

</mx:Box>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On second thought, this is not related to the Cairngorm PopUp Library. You need to have a reference to the PopUpManager on your top level application so that the instance (there is only one PopUpManager per application) can be shared accross modules. That's how Flex 4 works at the moment so we need to highlight this in the documentation.

this piece of code fixes the issue (without dependencies to the PopUp library on the main app):

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.managers.PopUpManager;

PopUpManager

]]>

</fx:Script>

There are also a few effects that are not working in Flex 4.1 and I believe they have been fixed in 4.5 but I'll have to double check to see if the issue comes from the library.

Hope it helps,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines