Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the forum search broken?

Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to search in the InDesign Scripting forums the search returns 0 results. Same for the other InDesign Forums.

Here is an example:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=javascript&resultTypes=MESSAGE&dateRange=all&communityID=3331

When I search in all forums lots of results for the same term shows up from the InDesign forums.

What is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Happy days are here again.
The subforum search is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably broken: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3551379#3551379

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

It is probably broken: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3551379#3551379

How come 6,000 spam messages broke almost everything?  Are you guys telling us the truth or is there some serious security breached by the alleged spammer?

This is very serious indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

How come 6,000 spam messages broke almost everything?  Are you guys telling us the truth or is there some serious security breached by the alleged spammer?

This is very serious indeed.

Don't worry about it too much... the Forum side is completely separate from the business/commercial side... apparently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search is still broken. Is anyone working on it? Will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is being worked on. I have my doubts on whether it will really be  fixed or if we will just switch one set of bugs for the next one, but  don't expect any changes this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 3-24 at about 9AM US West Coast time I did a search... and got results!

That does not, of course, mean the search will STAY operational

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search issue isn't lack of results, but the presentation of them. Search in the box at the top of the forums (not in the Adobe banner) is giving results. But "search this forum only" boxes are not always working.

The search index is being run again right now. It takes about 60 hours to reindex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!  I'll try the top search box and the Google suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the reindex is complete and the search is back. Yay! (A bit longer than 60 hours...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfurtunately, for me, the search still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work in the Indesign Scripting forum. Everything I try returns "0 results".

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=search&resultTypes=MESSAGE&dateRange=last90days&communityID=3331&username=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it come down to a point where people stop asking after features that once worked, but now do not?  Even though the empty skeletons of their former functions remain on the screen?

The page might get kind of barren and lonely if all of the stuff that doesn't actually do what it's supposed to do properly were removed.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurs to me we could turn this into a joke thread...

...If only the photo upload button were working...

...Ah, now it's working again.

WorkingForumSoftware.jpg

Fair enough, so I tried different keywords, like it said...

PeopleWhoFindJiveFunToUse.jpg

Hm, seems quite accurate so far...  You just have to search for the right things! 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try More Options and set the When option to All.

That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip.

Unfortunately, unless you happen to be searching for something that's fairly unique, the inability to limit the search by date still hobbles the usefulness an awful lot.  Probably also kicks hell out of the server too, as it's searching a no doubt massive database dating all the way back.

Still can't find any users who enjoy using Jive software though. 

UsersWhoEnjoyUsingJiveSoftware.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken for the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a search in the Reader forum. I kept getting results = 0. so I tried doing the Advanced search, setting the time to ALL, and choosing Adobe Reader for the forum. I searched for a word that I KNOW has to be there, like "help." It finds results in several OTHER forums, but nothing in Reader.

This seems pretty broken to me. I don't know whether to or .

What I searched for:

search parms.png

What I got:

search results.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is still broken, as of about 10:00AM PDT, April, 20.

Maybe fixed soon?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is broken if you restrict your search (this forum only, or to a date range). Full site search using the Search Forums field in the bar across the top of forum pages should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a suggestion on how to search forums using google search. You can get sub-fora, but not search by date.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/837931?tstart=30

But it would be better if it was possible to fix the search. It's been several months. This is quite basic forum functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haakenlid wrote:

bump.

Perhaps this problem needs more of a...

WreckingBall.jpg

BUMP! 

Just joshin'.  I do appreciate the work that's gone into keeping the forum working as well as it does.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is still broken as of 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines