Skip navigation
Perdue@UCF
Currently Being Moderated

Spry Image Slideshow works locally but not live!?!?

Mar 20, 2011 9:07 PM

I am new to the whole website creation. I used the Spry Image Slideshow widget from the widget browser and everything works perfectly when I tested it locally. However, once i uploaded to the server and tested the links I get errors stating that it cannot locate the .js files. Like stated, I am very much new to this and have no idea how to fix this problem. Has anyone else ran into this or know of a solution?

My website address is www.terranceperdue-architecture.com and the links in question are on the portfolio link.

So more specifically:

http://www.terranceperdue-architecture.com/Design%20Studio%201.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am hoping to use this website to gain an internship for the summer. But if it is not working then that is not an option.

Thanks for any and all insight.

-Terrance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2011 2:40 PM   in reply to Perdue@UCF

I think i am having the same problem, i get lots of error messages pop up but all the js and css in loaded on to the server. What did you do to fix it.

have a look here dj for charity photos

if you could tell me the code you took out to get it to work and what order you put the files in, as i have no clue where to start on this

thanks

dj4charity

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 1:26 PM   in reply to Perdue@UCF

your are a star, i have got it to work. but what did you do with the image folder to get the arrows on there 

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2011 1:19 PM   in reply to Perdue@UCF

I see where you have posted that you got your slideshow to work, but I do not see any of the reponses on how you did it. I am having the same problem when I test my slideshow locally on dreamweaver it works, but it does not work when I upload it to the internet. It doesn't give me any error, but all it does is show me a black box with a spinning play button like it is trying to load. It doesn't do anything else. I have tried looking at IE, Safari, and Firefox and I get the same thing on all of them.

Thanks,

Christin

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2011 1:59 PM   in reply to Realtorw/Results

sounds like a new problem to me i got error messages and it turned out the Java script file was not right, go to the Js files in a site that is working and get the Js from there, i think i is just one that is not working you should be able to see this in the file, all of the script we be bunched up , hope this helps,

This could also be a conflict with other Java script i am having this problem with my navigation bar and sliding panel i think it an (on load) command one works and one does not but don't quote me on that..

http://leicester.dj4charity.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2011 7:00 AM   in reply to Perdue@UCF

Hi i have got the same problem any chance of sharing what i need to do to correct it !

www.designandbuildawebsite.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points