Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The file has no audio or video streams.

Jun 9, 2010 10:32 AM

We have two new, identical PCs running CS5. One can open a .mov file no problem and the other gets this error "The file has no audio or video streams." Can't seem to import the file from the network. All settings seem to be the same on both machines.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 9, 2010 10:40 AM   in reply to globalmedia1968

Do both PCs have Quicktime installed?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2011 10:57 PM   in reply to globalmedia1968

My PC on the other hand has quicktime installed and i'm having the same issues. I'm running windows 7 don't know if that is a factor to my Premiere pro CS5 not importing .mov. Could anybody please help. i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to ATKV_Web

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 11:46 AM   in reply to globalmedia1968

I'm having the same problem.  Mine is a little different.  I'm trying to store all of my video project files (Premiere CS5 & After Effects CS5) on a Seagate GoFlex gigabit network drive to be shared on our local network.  The only files that give me the "the file has no audio or video streams" message are .mov files.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to do something crazy, like install quicktime on the standalone network drive?

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 1:04 PM   in reply to lasbe

You have to install Quicktime.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 2:36 PM   in reply to globalmedia1968

Also, I have the latest version of quicktime installed on my PC...

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 7:05 AM   in reply to globalmedia1968

hello I am running a high spec pc and have quick time installed, adobe premiere sticks when loading on the quick time exporter bit, and when i try to import .mov files it gives me the error msg The file has no audio or video streams. I have read the codec posts, theres no real solution there just alot of jargon and a link to gspot which i am going to download right now, is there a fix file or some sort of solution to this problem. I am using CS 5.5 and I can see this isn't an isolated incident.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 7:07 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

ive installed unistalled both quick time and adobe premiere, no luck any other ideas??

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 7:42 AM   in reply to Tacitus D

I used Gspot it wont render any mov files, on the mpeg2 box it displays png, i tried a quick time alternative codec same problem plz help i have deadlines coming up and this software is letting me down.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 10:21 PM   in reply to globalmedia1968

Same problem here... On a tight deadline and PPro is giving me this error while I can play the file back just fine in Windows Media Player or Bridge CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 3:33 PM   in reply to globalmedia1968

I have the same problem but on my Mac. I'm trying to convert MTS files from my Panasonic Video Camera to mov files. First I downloaded a program who gave the file's deinterlacing. I importet the files to Premiere but the program got extreme slow so I had to quit. Then I downloadet Aunsoft MTS Converter from the App Store. This program made beutiful mov files without any interlacing. But Premiere now says "The file has no audio og video streams". Eaven after updating my Quicktime 7.

What to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2011 7:31 AM   in reply to robintolfsen

Everything works fine for me now. I tryed out a lot of versions an finaly found the right "mov" version that works.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Tacitus D

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers