• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No access to CF administrator after installation

Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF9 has been installed on  Windows server 2008.

Successfull.

I can see CF9 files on disk C:\ColdFusion9

I have the CFIDE structure installed on disk D:\wwwroot\CFIDE

And when launching :

http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

can't find the file

I tried the Sever IP adress :

http://85.14.138.81/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

same, can't find the file.

Can someone help/explain where could be the problem ?

It seems to be a problem of  IP pointing ?

Thanks for any help.

I do not have the hand on the IP.

Pierre.

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to access the page using the following URL. This is the same URL with port number.

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, no access,

I htink that :8500 is when you use the built in HTTP coldfusion server instead of IIS or Apache or any other

http server.

Thanks, any other idea ?

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web site (IIS I presume) do you have associated with that webroot, "D:\wwwroot\"?  If it is NOT the 'default' web site, the local loopback IP of 127.0.0.1 will not work.

You would use the domain name and|or IP{:port} address to that web site.

If you have NO web site configured to that webroot, then your browser is NEVER going to find it.

If you do not have ColdFusion connected to that web site with the "Web Server Connector" tool, then the ColdFusion code is not going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using IIS v7.

Pointing on D:\wwwroot,

port is : 80

Do I have something to do with :

"Web Server Connector" tool

I have never seen this in previous versions.

What it is ?

Thanks for your help.

I have run V6 , V7 , V8 in local net, I never had any problems.

And Adobe support do not help me.

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plarts wrote:

Yes I am using IIS v7.

Pointing on D:\wwwroot,

port is : 80

WHAT is pointing to D:\wwwroot?

plarts wrote:

I have never seen this in previous versions.

What it is ?

Well it HAS been there since version 6.  It is a tool that is used to create the connections between the web server (I.E. IIS) to the ColdFusion Java Server.  If all goes well, AND you are just using one connection, then it is run as part of the installation process.

But, if you desire more then one connection OR something does not go well.  It is advisable to be familar with the Web Server Connector Tool.  It can often be found in the ColdFusion directory under the Windows START menu.  Or one can search for the "wsconfig.jar" file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web server connector is not new in CF 9. It's been there since 6.

Can you clarify: you report this as being a problem with the CF Admin, but are you able to run any CF code at all? If not, then since you mention being on IIS 7, and you said you were on CF9, let's be more specific: are you on 9.0? or 9.0.1 (the free updater)? If not the latter, then your problem is probably simply that CF 9 doesn't support IIS 7 (out of the box). You can make it work with several manual steps.

But the easiest solution is simply to implement the update (and no, it doesn't matter if you downloaded "CF9" from the Adobe site yesterday: they did NOT rebuild the CF 9 installer, so you need to install first CF9 and then the 9.0.1 updater). During the install of the updater, you will be asked about integrating with IIS and at that time you should find things will work.

If not, or if you're saying that either you ARE on 9.0.1 or regardless that CFML code works other than the CF Admin, then I would assert the problem is something related to where the Admin lives (where you think it is is not where IIS thinks it lives). Here's a simple solution: find the web site where you think it should exist, and in IIS after selecting the site, choose the "content view" tab at the bottom of the screen (to show the files and directories in that site's docroot). Then find the CFIDE directory, then the Administrator directory under that, and right-click on the index.cfm file there and choose "browse".

That will cause IIS to open what IT thinks is the correct URL for the Admin. What happens then?

/charlie arehart

charlie@carehart.org

Providing fast, remote, on-demand troubleshooting services for CF (and CFBuilder)

More at http://www.carehart.org/consulting

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that answer,

No I did not update CF9 to the last Fix to CF9.0.1 updater.

So I will try this.

Then come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF9.0.1 updater have benn installed successfully.

And I still have the same behaviour,

cannot find : http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

All cf services are started.

If I open the  CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm with IE

he ask me to save it or cancel, so It does not know CF.

If I put there a simple file html file : test.html

it opens it , and i have in the URL :

D:\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\test.html

I need to browse it.

It seems there is still someting with IIS v7 , which dose not see this website ?

Thanks for advice and help,

If I knew it, i would have go with older versions of Windows, IIS and CF.

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre, you say that for your test of an html page, " i have in the URL : D:\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\test.html".

To be clear, when you do that, you ARE NOT BROWING the html file using IIS. You are requesting the file directly using the browser and your local file system.

Please review the last email I sent, where I gave specific details of how to have IIS open the file for you. If it cannot (when it tries, using what it thinks to be the correct URL), then you may have a bigger problem. I would suggest you use the same approach to open your test html file. If THAT does not work, then you KNOW that the problem is not about CF. Let us know, and perhaps we can help from based on what you report.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I diid so,

I can see the directory CFIDE,

I can go to administrator , see the index.cfm (and my test.html)

Right click,

Yes, it works with my simple test.html with URL :

http://www.pl-arts.fr/CFIDE/administrator/test.html

Same on index.cfm give an error : but it is in French (I am french, in France)

Here is what I can show you :

Erreur HTTP 404.3 - Not Found

La page que vous avez demandĆ©e ne peut pas ĆŖtre traitĆ©e en raison de la configuration d'extension. Si la page est un script, ajoutez un gestionnaire. Si le fichier doit ĆŖtre tĆ©lĆ©chargĆ©, ajoutez un mappage MIME.

Informations supplƩmentaires sur l'erreur
ModuleStaticFileModule
NotificationExecuteRequestHandler
GestionnaireStaticFile
Code d'erreur0x80070032
URL demandƩehttp://www.pl-arts.fr:80/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm
Chemin d'accĆØs physiqueD:\wwwroot\C001\www\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm
MĆ©thode d'ouverture de sessionAnonyme
Session utilisateurAnonyme

Seems to see with MIME type mapping, it does not understand .CFM files ?

Your suggestion ?

Thnaks.

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

The thread mentions "Web Server Configuration Tool" however I do not see the result of running such in the thread or perhaps I missed something?

If  you run tool eg:

C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\bin\wsconfig.exe

You should get something like:

Capture.JPG

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got the answer of this problem :

all is described there, extra installation needs to be added under IIS7.

http://www.codecurry.com/2009/09/installing-coldfusion-on-iis-7.html

Thanks for participation and any addtionnal coments on this.

(I am not a system skilled, I am a developper skilled).

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Pierre, those steps should not all be required if you installed CF 9.0.1. That's why I said that CF 9 (9.0) did not support IIS 7 directly and required such extra steps. When you said you had installed 9.0.1, that should have relieved the need to do those things. Anyway, thanks for sharing the link. I just added a comment to this effect there, to help others finding it in the future.

And if you are saying that you did install 9.0.1 and STILL needed to follow the steps there, I would find that odd. If you want to elaborate here perhaps others can learn from what you experienced. But I'll understand if you just want to move on now that your problem is solved.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation