Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Docs about Custom Workspace User Interface

Level 2

Hi!

I am searching for docs about the creation of custom workspace user interface for LiveCycle ES2.

Any links to official or unofficial docs?

Thanks,

Alessio

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3
13 Replies

Level 10

Three ways to do this:

1. Customizing the existing workspace UI

This will simplify your development effort & risk of creating an application from scratch.

Complete source code (Flex) is provided by Adobe.

Manual is attached here: http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle/web/Customize%20Workspace%20UI.pdf

2. Using LiveCycle API (Java)

Refer this: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/javadoc/index.html

3. Using Actionscript API

Refer this: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/langref/index.html

Hope this may help you,

Nith

Level 2

Hi $Nith$,

thanks for your answer, but maybe my question was not so clear.

I'm searching for docs about the creation of Custom Workspace USER interface, that are the ones that you can select in the Assign Task and Assign Task to multiple users operations. You can see that in the doc called Application development using LC Workbench ES2 there is a small paragraph called Workspace User Interface in the path Creating Processes Using LiveCycle Workbench ES2 / Service reference / User 2.0 / Assign Task in which refers to Programming LiveCycle ES 2 SDK, but in this doc I can't find any clear reference to Custom Workspace User Interface.

I was told that the doc about the customization of workspace user interface should be out in the first day of April, but at the moment i can't find any related doc.

Thanks,

Alessio

Level 10

Hi AlessioGiorgini,

Are you planning to create a web application which Assigns tasks to users and so on?

Nith

Level 2

At the moment, I'm planning to test the development of a custom workspace user interface to use into the Workspace ES2, something similar to the Approval container (which, for example, has a diffent button bar in respect to Default Workspace user interface).

So, i'm not planning to create or customize the workspace, but only the UI in which a particular form, related to a specific assign task operation, is shown.

Thanks,

Alessio

Level 10

Well, the TaskManagerQueryService class from com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client packacge helps you to retrieve one or more tasks based on the search criteria.

* taskList() method does this

The FormInstance class from com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task package helps you to retrieve the binary content of the form attached to a specific task.

* getDocument() method does thi

All the above are there in the API reference manual.

Can't you render the pdf form thereafter?

Nith

Level 2

Uhm... maybe my english is really terrible, because I don't think I can really make you able to understand my point.

I'm designing a process in the workbench. That's ok.

I'm using the Assign Task operation.

In the properties of this operation, I can set what kind of Workspace I want to use for that particular step. You can choose between Default (the default workspace), the Approval Workspace and the Custom Workspace. The custom workspace let you choose to select a file (probably a swc file, I haven't investigate that, but it sounds very realistic) for your custom workspace.

I am searching for docs related to how create this custom workspace to use during a process.

Bye,

Alessio

Level 10

I got your point now. You wish to create a swf component similar to the in-built Approval Container as provided by Adobe.

If you are familiar with Flex applications development, you can read through the source code of the Approval Container application (available within the SDK folder) and could proceed from there.

Hope this may help you.

Nith

Level 2

Wow, this is a great news, I didn't realize the code for the approval container was released by Adobe in the SDK!

i will check the code directly, hoping that Adobe will publish some docs in the future.

Thanks,

Alessio

Former Community Member

The Approval Container uses the SwfConnector component to communicate with Workspace ES2. The Approval Container is a SWF file.  The source code should give you what you require to create a custom Approval Container. Just be sure to switch to the Flex SDK comes on the LiveCycle ES2 DVD. You can also get it from Workbench as well. The new version of the guide should be released pretty soon and decribes how to do this.

Hope that helps!

...Gil

Former Community Member

The doc is a bit out of date and is not quite accurate for LiveCycle ES2. The correct link for the upcoming version for ES2 will be available here: www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_customizeWorkspace_9. Currently it points to the LiveCycle ES Update 1 version.

Hope that helps!

Correct answer by
Level 3

Former Community Member

Hi Nitin,

I am exactly looking for this thing.

Can you please tell me how can I do following things in a JSP:

1. Get the tasks assigned to the user.

2. Get the form attached to the user.

3. What will be the jars that I would have to put in my web app for this JSP to work and invoke LC server over webservices?

4. I read somewhere that the TaskManager APIs can't be fully run over webservice. In that case what should be my approach? Can you please attach an LCA or java code to show these 3 concerns solved?

5. How can I have a action buttons of workspace be shown inside the form rather than on Flex UI of the workspace?

Thanks!

Avi