• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Paragraph Formats Doesn't Work?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import formats from a corporate template but it seems as if it's not working because I have to manually apply the formats after importing them. I delete the existing paragraph formats, and then import everything from the corporate template. So if I delete a format called "Numbered" and import the template formats, the "numbered" format is not replaced with "List1" format. I have to manually apply the formats after importing them.

What am I doing wrong or do I have to map formats to each other and if so, how do I do that? It's taking forever to convert even the smallest files.

Thanks,

Lucy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is a FM 7.2 template importing into a FM 10 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucy, I'm confused about your description that a tag named "List1" is not being applied to a paragraph formerly tagged with the "Numbered" tag, because the way FM works is that importing formats only directly replaces tags with the same exact name (same spelling, spaces, capitalization).  Any other paratags would be added to the paragraph catalog, but they would not be applied to any paragraphs automagically.  Am I misunderstanding what you are saying .... ?

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I think you're right - I was expecting some mapping to take place automatically. Yuck, might as well cut and paste into the corporate template.

Lucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, you could get FindChangeSpecial for $30. http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/findchangespecial/index.htm

Works in FM 9, haven't tried it in 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy,

In order to map tags from templates to your current content, you might want to consider using Cudspan's Template Mapper tool commercially available from iG5 Authoring tools. See: http://ig5authoringtools.com/plugin-directory/single-sourcing/templatemapper/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LucyWriter1234 wrote:

No, I think you're right - I was expecting some mapping to take place automatically. Yuck, might as well cut and paste into the corporate template.

Lucy

Look at the inexpensive Paragraph Tools: http://siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html There's a free trial.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It won't help with mapping, but the Clean Import plug in is great for

cleaning up your catalogs so they only contain the new tags.

I haven't tried it with FM 10, but it worked with 9.

Art Campbell

art.campbell@gmail.com

"... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52

Vincent and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson

No disclaimers apply.

DoD 358

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines