Skip navigation
stefan-d
Currently Being Moderated

Main window "invisible" after unplugging external display

Apr 10, 2011 3:51 PM

I'm using Audition on a 2010 MB Pro, OSX 10.6.7 with an external Samsung 24'' display.

I just unplugged the display while Audition was still open, and now it's gone. Well at least the main window. The Menu bar on top of the screen is still there of course. The main window however seems to have slipped somewhere to the left, out of sight. When I hit cmd+o or open the preferences window or anything else, they all appear halfway off the screen to the left.

I tried plugging and unplugging the external display from my laptop, re-syncing the two displays, even re-installing Audition, no change.

When I hit F3 to display all open programs, it will look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2011-04-11 um 00.39.45.jpg

So, just the Audition label without the miniature preview. Same effect when cmd+tabbing, the Audition logo is there, but the program itself stays "invisible".

It's kind of a problem, because i was working on a multitrack session which needs to be done by tuesday...Anyone got any hints?

Thx in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2011 11:13 PM   in reply to stefan-d

HAve you already tried closing and relaunching Audition?  If so, try holding down SHIFT when launching and it should launch with the default preferences, which should restore the window position.  I'll look into this specific case deeper and see if we can reproduce it and if so, how it might be resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2011 10:40 AM   in reply to stefan-d

This is an OS issue, please try:

1. System Preferences > Displays
    2. Click on [ Gather Windows ]

Screen shot 2011-04-11 at 10.38.45 AM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 9:40 PM   in reply to stefan-d

Hmmm... are you available to toggle "mirroring mode"?   I think I've seen that effectively collect all of the windows of the running applications.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points