Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FlexPMD View not displaying results Eclipse 3.6

Feb 27, 2011 9:59 AM

Below are the relevant software installations. FlexPMD is configured as defined in the documentation.

When running FlexPMD, it appears to be churning away, however, there are no results that appear in the FlexPMD View window. Is this an issue only with Eclipse 3.6???

** Software versions ***

FlexPMD 1.0.0.v200912091712

flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1.2

Eclipse 3.6

FlashBuilder 4.0.1

*** Eclipse Log File Entries ***

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-02-27 10:49:20.167
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-02-27 10:49:20.167
!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in='com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse', id='com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.runCommand.category'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2011-02-27 10:49:20.707
!MESSAGE Unable to create menu item "com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.toolbar.runCommand", command "com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.runCommand.category" not defined

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2011 3:20 AM   in reply to TucsonJava

Can you try uninstalling the version you have and try installing from this temp update site? http://www.rialvalue.com/flexPmd/updateSite/ This is a version to be released

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 8:21 AM   in reply to TucsonJava

Any chance you are running on Windows 7?

It looks like it is actually not related to Eclipse 3.6:

http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/file-i-o-other-i-o-streams/5230-f ile-c

reatetempfile-throws-exception-win7.html

Can you try to run this command line:

Java -Xmx256m -jar

C:/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/874/1/.cp/flexPmdRun

time/flex-pmd-command-line-1.1.jar -s

C:\workspace\BlissClient\src\com\othenos\bliss\business\DocumentDelega te.as

-o .

If this is the case, we will see what we can do.

Cheers,

Xavier

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 12:49 PM   in reply to TucsonJava

I am also having a problem w/ FlexPMD not displaying any results in eclipse.  I am on Windows XP however. I am using FlashBuilder standalone Burrito I6. I tried adding a flag to point to a temp directory, using one that existed on my machine, but that didn't change anything.  PMD had been working on this machine w/ previous FlashBuilder versions.  CPD still works.  I've tried Versions 1.1 and 1.2 with identical results.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2011 1:35 PM   in reply to TucsonJava

Hi,

I also have the same issue with it not being able to make the temp. file. I moved my temp folders around, still won't work. I'm using eclipse 3.4.1 w/ Flexbuilder 3. Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 1:37 AM   in reply to cnojima2

Hi,

please can you unsintall your current FlexPMD eclipse plugin and install this yet-not-released version http://www.rialvalue.com/flexPmd/updateSite

This new version should fix this problem for you along with several improvements.

Xavi    

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 6:08 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

I think the file you posted is corrupt.  I put it in the dropins folder but eclipse hasn't added flex PMD to preferences.  The file is only 1..2 K in size which seems way too small.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 6:27 AM   in reply to TucsonJava

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Sadly this still isn't working. I uninstalled and updated using the site you posted. I get this same stack trace

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cnojima1\temp\4\flexpmd2731671333939586734dir\pmd.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMDResultsParser.parse(FlexP MDResultsParser.java:112)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.processResultsFile(FlexP MD.java:180)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.process(FlexPMD.java:68)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.process(FlexPMD.java:1)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.actions.RunFlexPMDJob.run(RunFlexPMD Job.java:83)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I can run the commandline version (1.2) fine. This is a Windows Server 2003 sp2 x64 box. Let me know if there's any other info I can give you to debug.
    thanks,
    -c

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 6:39 AM   in reply to jerela

@jerela use it as an update site not as a file to in the dropins folder

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 6:41 AM   in reply to cnojima2

Hi cnojima2,

can you open the errors log view in eclipse and check the messages in there?

Also there should be an entry printing the command line executed. Could you try to execute it directly from cmd and see what happens?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 7:11 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

Yup, this works totally fine. I just transformed the [java -Xmx256m -jar ...etc]

into the raw

java -Xmx256m -jar ...

and it worked fine.

So 3 things happen in the event log:

1) the command runs

2) i get a warnings:

null

Info

Wed Mar 30 19:09:59 PKT 2011

Mar 30, 2011 10:09:59 AM com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine <init>WARNING: Access is denied at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

java.io.File.checkAndCreate(Unknown Source)

java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)

3) I get an error

null

Error

Wed Mar 30 19:09:59 PKT 2011

Error running FlexPMDC:\VENDEV~1\cnojima1\temp\4\flexpmd6740339094822211326dir\pmd. xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\VENDEV~1\cnojima1\temp\4\flexpmd6740339094822211326dir\pmd.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMDResultsParser.parse(FlexP MDResultsParser.java:112)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.processResultsFile(FlexP MD.java:180)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.process(FlexPMD.java:68)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD.process(FlexPMD.java:1)

at com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.actions.RunFlexPMDJob.run(RunFlexPMD Job.java:83)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

The directory is created successfully, but it's completely empty (no pmd.xml file exists)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 10:45 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

Ok I got it installed but get and error when I run pmd or cpd.

java.lang.NoClassFoundError:  java -Xmx256m -Djava/io/tmpdir=C:/temp

Could not find the main class

since it still new where my custom ruleset was it may have some of the config  left from the old version. 

The java arguments are set to  java -Xmx256m -Djava/io/tmpdir=C:/temp

which seems to be what the error is complaining about.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2011 1:50 AM   in reply to cnojima2

@cenojima2 are you on win7? Can you try relaunching Eclipse as admin (right click on Eclipse > Run as administrator) and see if it works

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2011 1:52 AM   in reply to jerela

@jerela I'm not sure what exact problem are you having. You can reset your configuration from Eclipse > Preferences > FlexPMD

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2011 8:02 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

The problem was what to reset it to.  I was able to install on a different machine and figured out that "java" shouldn't be one of the java arguments .

That fixed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2011 7:39 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

Hi,

I'm on a Windows Server 2003 x64 sp2 box. I can't run as admin on this box actually so i can't test but the folder is created correctly (so i have rights) but the file isn't there. Running the command line works fine also.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 5:57 AM   in reply to Xavi Beumala

My eclipse is 3.5.1 and it runs on windows7. I have the same problem. But running flexbuilder as administrator makes the problem go away.

But I don't like having to startup 'as administrator', so please is there another workaround?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points