Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Not Activated error in Nook

Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nook.  I registered ADE properly running on a Mac.  ADE asked me to register the Nook when I first plugged it in.  I've downloaded a book from the library and ADE shows it properly.  In ADE I see the Nook and the book.  I can drag the book to the Nook.  I then eject the Nook from the Mac desktop.  On the Nook I can find the book.  However, when I try to read the book I get an error of "User Not Activated".  When I am in ADE I can launch the copy of the book that is on the Nook bookshelf and it shows just fine.  Any ideas?  I've tried deleting the Digital Editions folder off the Nook using the Finder, relaunched ADE and recopied the book to the Nook - it still doesn't work.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to fix the error "User not activated" you can follow the steps as given below.

Solution 1)    1)  Open Digital Editions.
                    2) Connect the Reader and it will show up in Digital Editions.
                    3) Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + E  on your keyboard and it deauthorize your Reader.
                    4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
                    5) There you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive on under "My computer".
                    6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find a folder with name adobe.digital.editions.
                    7) Delete this folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
                    8) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.

9) Now delete old copy of book from your Reader and transfer the same book on your Reader and try to open on Reader.

Solution 2)

Disconnect your Reader from your computer.

Go to following location

C:\Documents and Settings\sali\My Documents\My Digital Editions (For MAC HD:\Users\Usename\My Digital Edition)

Now right click on manifest file and choose open with>>NotePad (Texteditor if you are using MAC).

Locate for a tag starting and ending with </de:deviceID>

Delete this full tag.

Open Digital Editions

Plugin your Reader

Now delete old copy of book from your Reader and transfer the same book on your Reader and try to open on Reader.

I hope this will help you..

Regards

Rizwan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestions posted did not work. The steps were really for working on a

PC and did not clearly describe the steps for a MAC. (By the way, the xml

file doesn't have a tag deviceID.)

I stumbled across another posting by searching on User not activated - MAC -

library book help <http://forums.adobe.com/message/3362815#3362815>which had

all of the proper directions for a MAC.

I am disappointed with Adobe for not fixing this bug. The thread mentioned

above had many postings which means its a common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rizwan. You're the best! This worked for my PC/Nook WiFi combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rizwan.54. It worked like a charm. I'm back in action with my PC/NOOK WI-FI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for this solution. it worked delightfully well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines