Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I miss Curt

Apr 10, 2011 1:48 PM

you know me...I get mushy when its beer thirty and some old Godzilla movie is on the dvd in the lounge...and I imagine Godzilla helping the world by eating all the bad atomic stuff in Japan ( burp ) --- ever since Godzilla became friendly instead of scary.

and for some reason I started to miss Curt a lot.  Where is he ? What's he doing ? Is he OK ?  I thought at first that publishing books these days seems to be kinda suffering some kinda meltdown re: distribution and bricks and mortar stores vs. e-books and "pads" and that maybe he would be scanning his recent classroom in a book stuff ... living like some kinda bat in the house , with no sunshine as the scanner hums away...

a ghostly glow of greenish blue light making its way across his face as he feeds the scanner....

I recall PG Wodehouse mentioning how much $ per page ( per 1000 words ? ) he used to get paid for his stories over the years...and it wasn't always very lucrative... depending on the publisher and the number of readers out there....and I wonder if Curt is OK... like maybe its time to put out some special food stuffs and drinks etc in the lounge to attract him ?

Curt , I miss you....  get off that typewriter and get outside into the sun for a minute and say " Hello " to us !!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2011 5:19 PM   in reply to able123

Curt dropped by a thread, or two, some weeks back.

I agree with you, that his presence is greatly missed around these parts.

The same goes for his Web site, and the tutorials that were contained. Though they were for earlier versions of Premiere, they were still relevant, with but a bit of "reading between the lines." Same thing for application to PrElements - here's the concept, and just figure out how to adapt them to PrE.

Yes - Whatever he's up to, I wish him well, and hope that he'll be able to drop in for a brew in the Lounge, from time to time.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

hes on facebook and hes also a part of the page on facebook called "wrigley and friends" look it up and we'll add you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 8:28 PM   in reply to able123

WHat a nice surprise to see someone around here even remebers who I am!

Life has taken me in a different direction.  But I do pop in here every couple weeks to see what is new.

I see the place is a mess as usual.  Jeff still leaving the fridge open at night to read by?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2011 3:45 AM   in reply to Curt Wrigley
    Jeff still leaving the fridge open at night to read by?

Only during the summer!  The cold air helps make up for the rattling, old, window-mounted air conditioner's lame cooling.

And don't sell yourself short: you've left a mark here that people will remember for a long time.  Of course, the fact that you "claimed" the bar area by hanging that "Curt's Place" sign over the mirror helps a lot, too.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2011 11:24 AM   in reply to Curt Wrigley

Well, as we have not had you to kick around lately, poor Jeff, and RoboDog have had to take up the slack.

Nice to see you about. Please do stop by, just so that we can properly abuse you...

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2011 7:38 PM   in reply to able123

Yeah, I heard that he did a long-term lease on the Hemingway cottage on Key West. I can see him wearing a rumbled white linen suit, heading down to the bar every day. Word on the street (on Key West) is that he's working on his first major novel, For Whom the Bull Tolls, reflecting upon his days in the bull ring in Spain. Got for it Curt! All the best.

Hunt

PS - hope that the 'fridge in the Hemingway cottage is not as noisy as the one here, in The Lounge.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2011 8:35 PM   in reply to Curt Wrigley

I remember you, old friend.

I haven't been around in months, and haven't actually participated around here in a few years. But every now and then I get to thinking about how things used to be and drop by to check out the names on the forum.

I keep meaning to pick up the camera and shoot something, then sit down with my ancient copy of CS3. Heck, one of these days I will even go to a 64bit OS (on a new PC of course) and get current again. Maybe.

I am glad to see you finally update your photo. I would have to say there is a little difference between the old pic and the new one. Just a little.

To those who remember me, hello!

Steven Gotz

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2011 8:42 PM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Talk about missing some major contributors, I miss Steven Gotz!

In product forums, there are those, who always contribute. You are (were?) one of those.

Glad that you stopped by.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2011 4:15 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Hi Steven, yes everybody remembers Curt.

And yes he finally updated his avatar.

Mustache has not changed

Nice to hear from you, do drop by now and again

Ann

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2011 4:35 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Nice to hear from you again, Steven!

I hope all is well and that you've hit all of life's curve balls out of the park.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Ah yes, the good old days. I remember them well, plus the regulars that seem to have drifted out with the tide. Along with Curt and Steven there were others -- Leonard King, for instance, from down under, who gradually weaned us away from Fosters in the Lounge. Too bad times have to change, but at least here the door is always open. We're getting by okay, but it is definitely not the same as it used to be.

Good to hear from you Steven and I hope you are well. Same to Curt. As Mister Spock used to say, "Live long and prosper."

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

But every now and then I get to thinking about how things used to be and drop by to check out the names on the forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points