Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Basic calculations in LiveCycle

Former Community Member

I'm trying to create basic calculations in a form that I am creating in LiveCycle Designer. Has anyone does this, and can you please give me some help? I don't understand the instructions in the Help feature or the book that I have.  Here is what I am trying to do:

Text Field A 100 (manual entry)

Text Field B 75   (manual entry)

Text Field C 25   (Result of calculation of A - B = C)

Then:

Text Field D 2    (manual entry)

Text Field E 50  (Result of calculation of C X D = E)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I prefer to use Javascript so on the Calculate event of the C field you would use this command:

this.rawValue = FieldA.rawValue -Field B.rawValue

Then on E Field's calculate event you woudl use this command:

this.rawValue = FieldC.rawValue * FieldD.rawValue

If you woudl prefer to use FormCalc you woudl still use the Calculate event and on FieldC the command woudl be:

FieldA - FieldB

On the calculate of Field E

FieldC * FieldD

Hope that helps

paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I prefer to use Javascript so on the Calculate event of the C field you would use this command:

this.rawValue = FieldA.rawValue -Field B.rawValue

Then on E Field's calculate event you woudl use this command:

this.rawValue = FieldC.rawValue * FieldD.rawValue

If you woudl prefer to use FormCalc you woudl still use the Calculate event and on FieldC the command woudl be:

FieldA - FieldB

On the calculate of Field E

FieldC * FieldD

Hope that helps

paul

Former Community Member

Okay, Paul, I have another question...  I'm not even sure that it is possible.

Do you know how to force a positive result?  Here is my example of what I am trying to say:

Value A: $1.00 minus Value B $1.10 equals -$0.10 (this comes out to a negative, but I need to just show it as a dollar amount not as a negative)

Not all situations will result in a negative number - so I need to always just show it as a dollar figure regardless of positive or negative.

Former Community Member

There is a native javascript function to get the absolute value of a number .....lets assume your fields are called Field1 and Field2. Then the command woudl be:

Total.rawValue = Math.abs(Field1.rawValue - Field2.rawValue)

Paul

Former Community Member

It is not working.  It is no longer giving me any value. Bummer.  Any other ideas?  Could it be because I have the Display Pattern as a with a dollar sign?  I'm thinking not, but hey, just checking.

Former Community Member

Works fine for me ...here is a sample ...the code is on the calculate of the total field. Oh ....and make sure your fields are numeric.

Paul

Former Community Member

Could it be because I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.0?

Former Community Member

Nope .....did you set the language to javascript?

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes the language is set to javascript.

How can I send you a file that I created with the portion of the form that I cannot get to work?  I've looked for a way to upload to here, but I don't see anything.

Former Community Member

Email it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com . Please include a description of the issue.

Paul

Former Community Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!  I cannot tell you enough at how much I appreciated your help!  I hope that you have an awesome day!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----