Skip navigation
-=Deus=-
Currently Being Moderated

Cairngorm 3 Navigation library and Enter/Exit event handlers

Dec 24, 2010 2:00 AM

Hi all!

I'm currently  developing an application using Parsley 2.3.2 and Cairngorm 3 libraries.  My main application view has nested viewstacks and I use Cairngorm  navigation library to navigate between the views. The navigation to the  nested views works fine, and deferred views are being instantiated  properly. However as soon as I add the Enter/Exit handlers to my  presentation models, the navigation to my nested views stops working. It  always redirects me to the first child of the ViewStack containing the  target view. Though the Enter/Exit handlers for my nested view are  executed. After I remove Enter/Exit methods, everything works fine  again.

Is it a bug or expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 24, 2010 4:53 AM   in reply to -=Deus=-

Do you have an isolated example of this maybe based on the samples in the NavigationParsleyTest project? A Waypoint (default is SelectedChildWaypoint) will delare a default view if no view is directly navigated to inside that destination. It will ask for selectedChild and if not successfull it will default to 0. Check out the SelectedChildWaypoint implementation on getDefaultDestination.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 7:20 AM   in reply to -=Deus=-

Thanks for your info. This looks like a bug. I've file it here: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/CGM-48

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2011 10:12 AM   in reply to Alex Uhlmann

This issue is fixed in the upcoming 3.0.18 release.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points