Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about using wsconfig to specify JRun host with ports

Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four websites on IIS and four coldfusion instances running. In the typical installs that I have done, each website would have its own IP address and I would just use the dns in the "JRun Host" field and the connections are setup fairly easily. This time around, I have websites bound to specific ports.

example

website - 127.0.0.1:8447 and host address would be xyz.com:8447

If I use the IP or the host name above, the Web Server Configuration Tool throws an error saying invalid IP address or host name. Is it possible to configure the connection like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you don't (and shouldn't) need to tell CF's web server configuration tool anything about your site's ip addresses or ports. That's for communication between the web server and the users. The communication between the web server and CF is done over a JRPP port that's configured under the covers by the tool.

As for setting things up, I would expect you should be able to leave the "jrun host" as localhost as you run the tool 4 times, one for each instance connecting it to a given IIS web site. Have you tried that?

Maybe there's something I'm not thinking of, and if that doesn't work for you, explain why and perhaps I or someone else can help you sort things out.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same configuration. When i run wsconfig the tool picks up any unassigned websites in the  dropdown. In my exp with the tool ive never had to specify a port number.

Once hooked in, to access cf content on any one of my instances i specify  like so...

http://[servername]:[port#]/[virtual directory]/[myPage].cfm

or

http://myserver:81/myapp/mypage.cfm

I guess i should mention the the web server(iis6) and application server are on their own dedicated box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation