Skip navigation

Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr

Nov 17, 2010 6:44 AM

Latest reply: Carlos F. Meneses, Mar 28, 2012 4:06 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2011 5:07 PM   in reply to vrlove

I have removed authorization and re-authorized.  I have removed the publishing service and re-added.  I even bought an new computer and installed lightroom 3 and nothing worked.   I think this started with 3.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 5:12 PM   in reply to teksmith

I also tried de/reauthorizing, reinstalling lightroom, rebuilding catalogs,

to no avail.

(hope you haven't bought the computer just for this...)

-- Pablo

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 5:58 PM   in reply to newyuppie

No, it was a planned upgrade.  But it did give me the opportunity to re-install LR3.  I really thought it would work, but no change.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2011 7:04 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Has there been any resolution to this? Under FaceBook's Account Settings>Notifications>Other Apps, I  checked the boxes "Adobe Lightroom Export Plugin" and "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom". Although the Publishing Manager shows that my Facebook Pulishing Service account is "authorized," I keep getting the "can't retrieve information" error message. LR will upload one photo to FaceBook at at time. Then, unlike my SmugMug account that works perfectly, LR does not indicate the one photo has been published. I'm using LR RC 3.4.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2011 3:46 PM   in reply to bjamisonf

I don't think so.  I haven't been able to find a resolution.  I am hoping

they resolve with LR 4???

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 2:13 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I had the same error message until I just realized that facebook only accepts up to 200

pics in one album - changed the Album - life can be so simple...!

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2011 9:06 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I am having the same problem. Since installing the lastest update I have been unable to publish using flickr, facebook or any other service. I have re-installed lightroom, deleted and reset preferences without success. I am however, glad to see that I am not the only one. I thought the latest update was to solve bug in publish services and not create them. Can anyone help?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to palmer.mitch

Somehow I managed to get it working again.  The process involved upgrading to Lightroom 3.4, removing the Facebook account information from Lightroom, adding it back in again, and re-authorizing in Facebook.  After that everything worked fine.  That said, I don't remember the exact series of steps that I took to fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2011 10:11 AM   in reply to MadSoilScientist

MadSoilScientist wrote:

Somehow I managed to get it working again.  The process involved upgrading to Lightroom 3.4, removing the Facebook account information from Lightroom, adding it back in again, and re-authorizing in Facebook.  After that everything worked fine.  That said, I don't remember the exact series of steps that I took to fix it.

Partly worked for me but now if i edit in LR it will not replace the old photo on Facebook just create a new one and flash a warning that i have to take care of it in the browser..

This 3.4.1 has been the doosey of updates i'm afraid to say and seems to have created more problems than it fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I have the same problem uploading photos to facebook in LR 3.6. It always upload few photos then error comes up saying "failed to upload". I have tried above solutions, delete publish service then re-authorise, but it still won't work.

Until I log off FB from Firefox, and publish the photos again, then it works. I think Facebook is having problem with 2 connections (firefox and LR) from the same IP.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I also tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem. The only that really worked was to upgrade to Lightroom 3.5 (I had the 3.3 version) and now it works beautiful! Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Have LR 3.6 and have been getting the same error for the past two days. I have removed authorization from both LR and FB. Reauthorization was no help.

Anyone know the link of where to submit bug reports?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points